Terrible experience with ordering
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Terrible experience with ordering

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Terrible experience with ordering

Ordered online, shop.doxawatches.com. Said 2 week delivery. Called week 3. Response. Will ship this week. End of week 3 no watch. Called week 4. Same response as week 3. Canceled my order.

Billed credit card with no problem and showed in PayPal transaction.

Question: Can watches be purchased via a different site or way? I'm in the US.

Note. Customer service person didn't seem to care-(give a S**T)! Stated 3 to 5 business days for refund (Really?). Live chat, email and phone seems to be the same person.

Re: Terrible experience with ordering

Must of been a problem

Wish he would have explained.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sold View Post
    Ordered online, shop.doxawatches.com. Said 2 week delivery. Called week 3. Response. Will ship this week. End of week 3 no watch. Called week 4. Same response as week 3. Canceled my order.

Billed credit card with no problem and showed in PayPal transaction.

Question: Can watches be purchased via a different site or way? I'm in the US.

Note. Customer service person didn't seem to care-(give a S**T)! Stated 3 to 5 business days for refund (Really?). Live chat, email and phone seems to be the same person.
    Hi, we apologize for the delay, it is the annual Swiss Watchmaker closure and everything runs at a different pace, the US representative relies on the replies from HQ, if you haven't received a refund within 5 business days, then please let me know, we can reverse the credit and refund again.
    MHe225 likes this.
    DOXA independent forum moderator since 2010.

h2d

Hi. I had the same problem with my Sharkhunter Black Lung (supposedly from the first 100 batch). Finally it arrived 5 months late. Enough Doxa for me... due to extreme bad customer service.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; 4 Days Ago at 16:35. Reason: Comment on Moderation and trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Doxa Forum Mod View Post
    Hi, we apologize for the delay, it is the annual Swiss Watchmaker closure and everything runs at a different pace, the US representative relies on the replies from HQ, if you haven't received a refund within 5 business days, then please let me know, we can reverse the credit and refund again.
    This is totally understandable. Take some time off, it's tradition, that's great. But... in the year 2019 can't the website guy, order processing guy, some computer guy make it so that when automated order are obviously automatically accepted, and payment is automatically taken, that there could be an automatic response explaining that there is a 2 week closure and orders will not at all be dispatched during this time? Doesn't seem like rocket science, but maybe that's why Doxa didn't go to the moon...
    cmschlatt and h2d like this.

h2d

wow.. my comment was edited... incredible that in 2019 we can not express what we think about an "Owners Club".. another point less for Doxa.

Admin Note: the edit was made by the site Admin (not by Doxa) to bring your post into compliance with our rule 11. WatchUSeek moderation is not a topic for discussion. This shouldn't have come as a surprise considering the nature of your comment.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; 3 Days Ago at 15:22.

And that’s why I will never buy or own another Doxa, and frankly the reason I sold the one I had.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

what are the traditional dates for the "annual Swiss Watchmaker closure"?

Quote Originally Posted by City74 View Post
    And that’s why I will never buy or own another Doxa, and frankly the reason I sold the one I had.
    My experience with my first Doxa was very disappointing. I was very close to instructing them to refund. But I liked the watch, so decided to ignore the bad. I even ordered a second one, which went fine ... no CS was required.

The brand experience was definitely diminished after the warts were revealed, but I attributed that to Walca\Jenny. Doxa still for me had just enough of the old brand proposition to off-set the bizarre CS. Having some experience working with small, multi-gen family owned Euro companies, I could chalk that off as a quaintness.

But like you were, I'm now at the tipping point: it's no longer enjoyable to talk about Doxa watches here.

I used to look forward to having time to read this board, and others on WUS. Now I don't come here nearly as often, and after a few minutes head over to other forums. It looks like fewer people are coming here and posting, discussions are muted. The enthusiasm and vibe is not the same.

It has nothing to do with the people to come to this forum.

I don't talk about my Doxa's much on other forums anymore, or recommend them as I used to.
    Last edited by nepatriot; 3 Days Ago at 13:56.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information