Thoughts on the new SUB 1000T

Thread: Thoughts on the new SUB 1000T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on the new SUB 1000T

These are my thoughts and observations based on the Doxa site photos and specs. I know the same as you guys do.

I like it. But then I've never met a Doxa I didn't like. It is the same size as the vintage 300T which I prefer over the 750T. However I prefer to wear the 750T compared to the 600T because I don't like the domed crystal, but that is my preference. I personally would have made it with a flat crystal just to distinguish it from the 600T. But I know many people are big fans of the domed crystal.

I don't know if it is a thicker case or a thicker caseback which gives the increase in thickness. I hope it is the case. I like the extra graduations on the dial. looks sharp. I like the way the lume and index markers have lines between the black and the lume, expecially on the Sharkhunter. Looks like the lume on the minute hand is larger too.

My assumption is that the watch will look similar to the 600T but have the thicker 120 click bezel from the 750T and it looks to have the superior crown from the 750T. Also it has the newer bracelet. All in all I think Doxa took the best bits from both the 600T and the 750T and made a better overall watch in the 1000T.

I'm also disappointed they never released a HRV Conquistador for the 40th Anniversary. Big, big occasion lost, in my mind. Even if it comes out in say September, the impact among Doxa's peers will not be the same.

Hell, it it had been me, I would have made up a dial. Drilled a hole in the side of the SUB 1000T and stuck in a rivit to look like a HRV, called it a prototype, stuck it in a glass case beside my Conquistador and said not available until summer 2007 and basked in the glory. But then that's just me. Hell I would have put Dr. Pete Millar on the dial and called it a 40th Anniversary book celebration prototype

Looking forward to seeing real photos and comparisons. i'll bet it is even better in real life.

Pete
    Last edited by Flyingdoctor; April 13th, 2007 at 23:24.

Re: Thoughts on the new SUB 1000T

I could not agree with you more. I really was hoping that even though they said no HRV in the near future that it was all some kind of misdirection to keep us in suspense and then we would all jump at the release at Basel. Oh well. Perhaps in a few months we will get our wish.

I wonder how long it will be before we hear the first complaints that the new model is much to small?
    --Doxa 300t silver Conquistador He Valve--
    Doxa silver Conquistador (no He valve)-
    -Doxa 300t Reissue Divingstar(seahunter caseback)--
    Doxa 300t Reissue Sharkhunter

Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Pro Reissue (2005)
    Doxa 300t sharkhunter--
    Aqualung U.S.Divers Sharkhunter (Quartz)
    Panerai Pam86-- Panerai Pam199 Regatta --Panera Pam217 Destro --Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Sapphire caseback---Omega Seamaster PreBond-
    2002 Marathon Sar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Initial impression: I like it. I like the dial, the bold markers with space between, the date window and submarkers. The dial size will be fine for the Pro (orange pops out more). Not sure if these are actual pics or photoshop created, but we'll have to see. Love the all white sharkhunter hands, always sorry I sold my 600t sharkie.

But I'm sure they will find plenty to complain about out there as usual. It is getting exhausting trying to enjoy watches amidst the negative noise.

Dr. Hoop.

Another great watch from Doxa, they can do no wrong.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but they made a couple mistakes while listing the pricing on the Doxa site. They should proof read. :)

I love my Sub750 Pro, and I'm looking forward to a seeing a Tactical from Doxa.

b2s

I probably will not get the Pro or the Sharky, but will consider DS and SeaRambler. Me too had a high hope on Conquistador.
    Well more money for future purchase then

I think this watch size will appeal more to people with smaller wrists but it does seem odd that they are trying justifying a higher price. Doesn't it seem prudent to reduce the 750T price and reduce its stock and then sell the newer watch at the same price point. I'm not sure what justifies a $200 price point increase on this watch as compared to it predecessor.

Initial impression is awesome. I like the look of it cause it is a DOXA..... But.....
    Does it come with solid end links like the 750T?
    Does it have the GMT thicker bracelet?

Unfortunately, no HRV valve which is no real big deal for me, but it would have been good.
    No option for a metric bezel, bummer.

IMHO it is a jazzed up 600T with a flashy dial and deeper depth rating.

Not for me I am afraid. Needs to be more than this for me to buy.

Cheers

Peter D
    Cheers
    Peter D

ORIS DIVER SMALL SECOND S/S
    BREITLING SEAWOLF AVENGER
    S/S Black
    SEIKO ORANGE MONSTER
    NITE WATCH MX20
    CITIZEN ECO-DRIVE DEPTH METER CHRONOGRAPH

CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II
    CITIZEN PROMASTER AQUALAND II (my first diver)

I love it! I own a 750T Sharkhunter COSC and I am totally envious.
    The white hands, domed crystal, beautiful. I wish I could see one in person. Hey John P., can you send me one to try for a few days? We'll pass it around the forum members and give it a test-drive.
    Oh and for all those who think the 1000m is useles, well anything after 200m is actually pretty useless. In my mind, the higher depth rating just means a tougher watch.
    Great watch DOXA!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information