Took the forums advice - Got a 750T Pro

Thread: Took the forums advice - Got a 750T Pro

Banned

Took the forums advice - Got a 750T Pro

I flipped my Sub 5000T Professional a little while ago - great watch, but too much "Bling" for my tastes. Just got a Sub 750T Professional based on the advise of fellow forum members - Thanks! I do prefer the 750T overall to the 5000T, but the 5000T definitely is a great piece too.

Here is my opinion on what are the positives of these two watches, for what it is worth:

Sub 5000T Professional:
    - Love the proportions of the case - Smaller dial to case diameter ratio and thicker than the 750 case.
    - The bracelet is very well made - Especially the awesome clasp with its unique adjustment feature - really nice.

Sub 750T Professional:
    - Dial and hands - I prefer the black hands and indices to the shiny ones of the 5000T - Although the fact that the dial indices on the 5000T are applied is a nice touch. I prefer the offset Doxa logo and the "cross hairs" style of the 750T dial - truer to the vintage watches.
    - I really dig the rice bead style bracelet on the 750T. I have a 1967 Sub 300T Professional and I love the way this modern, solid bracelet emulates that look - brilliant. I also like that it is all brushed and has no polished surfaces except on the sides of the links. The 5000T bracelet is thicker and better made overall, however.
    - I prefer the flat crystal on the 750T. Generally I like domed crystals, but the one on the 5000T is a bit too "Corum Bubble" for my tastes. The 750T is more legible overall.

One improvement I would make to both watches:
    - Bigger crowns - I think that a 1 to 2 mm larger diameter crown would better fit the large proportion of these watches. The vintage Subs had larger crowns, proportionately.

Both these watches are great. These are just my personal preferences. I will have to post some pics later! I would love to hear the opinions of others who have owned both the 5000T and 750T series. Thanks!

Re: Took the forums advice - Got a 750T Pro

Great choice. Enjoy

Andy
    Rolex Sea-Dweller
    Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium.
    Doxa Sub 750T Pro CC.
    Stowa Seatime.
    Aristo Dakar
    Mudman GW-9000-1JF
    PAW1300T-7VCR
    Gulfman G-9100-2ER
    GW-M5600-1ER

Re: Took the forums advice - Got a 750T Pro

I prefer the 750T also becausse of the flat crystal.

The one thing I do want to point out is that the 5000T is not supposed to be like the classic, it is a move towards the future for Doxa. The 1000T is the one that is like the classic. With that being said the 5000T is a nice move and I think in a lot of ways it is a very good move for Doxa.
    John M.

Thread Information