Torn between 800 Ti Pro and 750T Searambler - advice from owners please
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Torn between 800 Ti Pro and 750T Searambler - advice from owners please

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Torn between 800 Ti Pro and 750T Searambler - advice from owners please

I'm torn between an 800Ti and 750T Searambler. I like the size of both (have a Sinn UX at 44mm that I love) and the flat crystal as well. Main difference from what I can tell between the two is 800 Ti has the tritium and obviously the Ti where the 750T is stainless and has the silver face.

How does the 800 Ti wear vs the 750T? As I said, I've got a Sinn UX and also a Scubapro automatic which is Ti (both black face). The Scubapro is very light, but I certainly am not dragging my arm by the end of the day because of the weigh of the Sinn! The other watch in my collection is an Orange Monster so I've kind of got the orange face covered which is why I've been leaning Searambler just to add a new color face to the mix but there is something about Tritium tubes that I've lusted after for quite a while. In fact, the other watch I'm considering is a Ball Mad Cow - white face.

Thanks for the input.

Brian.

Re: Torn between 800 Ti Pro and 750T Searambler - advice from owners please

i'm not an owner of either but plan to purchase an 800Ti quite soon. i've seen several people comment on their 800Ti here and on other forums and everyone of them had sold it (???)......but then again every single one of them regretted selling it. go figure

Banned

I have an 800Ti and a 750T. 1) The 800Ti is taking the best of the 750T and 1500T/5000T in case and design. It is light and the bracelet is superior with the extension mechanism. There are screws for the lugs instead of pins. It is a great everyday watch and the Professional orange dial is the signature one. With the Tis the lume is constant and prominent 2) The 750T is the top notch model of the Sub classics and for occasional wear, this is nice with the Bead of Rice bracelet. A Searambler as a first Sub in your collection is brave compared with a the signature Professional orange dial

Get both if you can but if there was a choice - 800Ti Professional over the 750T Searambler any day for every day if one had to choose the only Doxa Sub one can have!
    Last edited by mondrayuk; April 17th, 2013 at 15:52.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've had both a 750t pro and an 800ti Sharkie and I preferred the 750t as I felt it hugged my wrist and sat lower. The dial seemed larger too on the 750t but that might have been due to the orange. I liked the fact that both had flat crystals too. I may be the only one on the forum but i still prefer the beads of rice bracelet both for comfort and most importantly looks. that being said I am a fan of the 800ti and have considered picking up an 800ti pro but am waiting (still) to see what new model Doxa has up their sleeve for this year before i decide!
    750t Pro 4800/5000
    300t Pro Reissue Seahunter 593/1000

KXL

I want a tritium T-Graph...
    skin diver likes this.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I own a 5000T Professional, and a 750T Searambler. The 5000T's dimensions and bracelet function are the same as the 800Ti, and I prefer the 750T Searambler hands down. The thinner case and bracelet work better for me, as I like a more low profile fit.

I also like the 750T's bracelet better too. The "beads of rice" bracelet is more iconic than the 5 link of the 800Ti, and the flip-out dive extension of the 750T gives 10mm more extension than the 800Ti's ratcheting clasp. In my diving, this is important because I can fit a 750T bracelet over my wetsuit, where the ratcheting bracelet of the 5000T/800Ti is too short.

The 800Ti is a great watch, just not for me. I find the double trit tubes on the minute hand, and the lack of lume on the seconds hand awkward. I guess I'm too much of a traditionalist, and maybe others are too because I get compliments on my 750T Searambler all the time, where as I've yet to get one single compliment on my 5000T Professional.

My suggestion is go with the classic 750T Searambler first, then break tradition and get the 800Ti Pro.
    skin diver likes this.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I couldn't have said it better than Subkrawler... the 750 Searambler is hard to beat. I would have preferred the 800 case size in stainless because I like a chunky watch with a deep-dish dial, but the low profile of the 750 makes it ideal for diving in tight quarters or fitting the watch under your dress shirt cuff nicely.

If I ever do breakdown and buy the 800Ti, it would be the Sharkie and I would nick the bracelet immediately for an Isofrane.

I would and did go with the 800Ti you will love the size and the weight

Banned

I have the same model Sharkie and good choice for the same reasons. I also have an Armida and it is a bronze with the black sapphire bezel - outstanding with the dome crystal!

It sounds like you really have to decide two things:
    -Classic face and BOR bracelet or do you want new style bracelet and Trit tubes on the face?
    -Then you have to decide Pro or rambler?

Not that this should sway your decision but I have both 750 Pro and 750 rambler and all I can say is for me the rambler wins every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information