Torn between two still!

Thread: Torn between two still!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Torn between two still!

Ive decided that I am getting a Doxa for the BIG 50 this week. I sold all of the my previous Doxas and have the bug aqain. Not for orange but for blue.

I just read the review of the Doxa 1000 sub by Pete. He ended it by saying he would choose the 1000 if you had to vs the others before it. But that was before the 5000 I do believe. I am considering a new in tube and shrink wrapped TUSA 1000 here locally in FL. A Good price. I do however never wear anything less than 42,mm and most of my watches are 44mm or 45mm as previously mentioned. I have owned doxas in the past and do know that the dial tends to look a bit smallish. I am fearful that the TUSA might seem too wimpy : - ) I know its tall at 15mm or so but for another $ 500 (OK so that is allot) I can get a almost new Caribbean 5000. Would love to get your thoughts that's all. Thanks so much for being a great resource guys I appreciate you!

Hoopman
    Hoopman

Sunny Florida, USA

Re: Torn between two still!

I have both a TUSA and a recently acquired 750T. Although I really like the TUSA, it is just a tad small for my wrist and my wrist is barely under 7".

If you are concerned, even remotely about the size, I would not opt for the 1000T. JMHO.
    "A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

Current Watches:
    AUDEMARS PIGUET - Royal Oak Jumbo
    OMEGA - Speedmaster Pro 3570.50
    ROLEX - GMT Master II 16710B
    ZENITH - Cronometro CP-2
    SINN - Bundeswehr 155 Dark Star
    LONGINES - Heritage Military 1938
    HEUER - Carrera Re-Edition of 1964 CS3110
    BALTIC- Aquascaphe Gilt Blue

i know the orange is the main thing about this watch..(dirk pitt edition) but i also have the carib 5000..id go for the carib man..good luck.more watch for the buck especially now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Here's how to look at it. With the 1000T, there's a possibility that you're going to think it's too small, and therefore not be happy with it. With the 5000T, there's not doubt you'll be happy with the size, therefore being happy with the watch and keeping it.

Don't take the chance, buy the 5000T. With all the upgrades, it's DOXA's best and is much more deserving as a 50th birthday present anyway.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I think you will find Pete may have changed his mind about the 1000t since he wrote his original review, as with most of us taste's change, what you may like initially you can end up prefering something else bigger/smaller etc.

I think from your post the 5000T would be more suited to your like of bigger watches.

Cheers

Simon
    Last edited by WORKSIMON; July 29th, 2009 at 00:31. Reason: wording
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

As a new DOXA 1000T owner, I struggle daily - is the face too small? Does it look like a girl's watch? I keep telling myself I'm going old skool retro with the '67 look, but the face size keeps knawing at me. I'd go 5000T. (DOXA should never have end of life'd the 750T - the size seems perfect and would have purchased that model if it were available)

There's a 750T Caribbean for sale on ebay. That's the one I would buy. White and orange hands. Big enough for the wrist. Dive helmet logo on the dial. No brainer.
    whaler

Doxa Sub 750T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 750T Searambler

You're turning 50, get the 5000T - it's meant to be ;). Worn mine around for a few days so far, and it's a QUALITY piece. The size is very nice, very balanced out by the bracelet and awesome clasp. And this is coming from a fella with a 6.5-6.75" wrist. The short lug-to-lug makes it very wearable, and the larger diameter/height keeps it substantial.

If you prefer 44/45mm watches, it's a no-brainer. The 5000T is worth the extra $$.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan View Post
    I have both a TUSA and a recently acquired 750T. Although I really like the TUSA, it is just a tad small for my wrist and my wrist is barely under 7".

If you are concerned, even remotely about the size, I would not opt for the 1000T. JMHO.
    Hoopman

Sunny Florida, USA

thanks so much! the 5000 wins the day!
    Hoopman

Sunny Florida, USA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information