Trading my 750T Sharkhunter...got Pro GMT

Thread: Trading my 750T Sharkhunter...got Pro GMT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Trading my 750T Sharkhunter...got Pro GMT

Ok...so I decided that if I had to have just one DOXA, that it had to be orange so Im in the process of trading my trusty Sharkhunter for a GMT Pro. I was just wondering what your thoughts on the DOXA GMT's are compared to the non GMT Doxa's. Good move, bad move? Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Mike
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Re: Trading my 750T Sharkhunter...got Pro GMT

I love my GMT (it's Divingstar flavoured). But I do hope you're getting some cash in the deal too. The T Graph certainly seems to be a bit more valuable than the GMT's.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I love my GMT (it's Divingstar flavoured). But I do hope you're getting some cash in the deal too. The T Graph certainly seems to be a bit more valuable than the GMT's.
    T...I think you're reading faster than your brain processes again. He has a 750T Sharkie, not a T-graph.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Doh!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

That's a tough question.

But... at the end of my analysis

if I could only have one Doxa...

I'd keep my professional. The GMT option adds another element of interest and color, but at the same time makes them look more like other higher-end watches... IMO. Or - you could compromise. Add more orange to your sharkie:

Does that help?
    Last edited by THOR; November 19th, 2007 at 18:27. Reason: edited for content

My $0.02 on the GMT.

On the models that had the orange minute hand, it confused me when I looked at the watch on first glance. It seemed as though the GMT hand was the minute hand. Mind you, this was for a fraction of a second and that bothered me.

This might not be a problem on the Pro or the Divingstar since all hands are black. I used to own the Caribbean GMT and this bothered me.

Secondly, the dial was a bit too small for my taste as compared to the 750T pro.

The one good thing about the GMT was you could have one of the timezones to be half hour increments since the adjustment could be done using the inner wheel. This helps in the cases where the second timezone is a half hour off and you most of the GMT watches only increment by the hour.

I ended up selling my caribbean GMT and kept my 750Tpro.

I have always said that if I could keep one watch, this is the one...........

Now, I am not sure after the introduction of the 5000T. I need to see one in person first.............

But I can assure you that the GMT Pro is a fantastic watch.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by sunnykk View Post
    My $0.02 on the GMT.

On the models that had the orange minute hand, it confused me when I looked at the watch on first glance. It seemed as though the GMT hand was the minute hand. Mind you, this was for a fraction of a second and that bothered me.

This might not be a problem on the Pro or the Divingstar since all hands are black. I used to own the Caribbean GMT and this bothered me.

Secondly, the dial was a bit too small for my taste as compared to the 750T pro.

The one good thing about the GMT was you could have one of the timezones to be half hour increments since the adjustment could be done using the inner wheel. This helps in the cases where the second timezone is a half hour off and you most of the GMT watches only increment by the hour.

I ended up selling my caribbean GMT and kept my 750Tpro.
    I agree about the confusion. I was really excited about the release of the GMT Sharkie, but I begged Doxa to change the hand colours to eliminate confusion. The way it is, I find it terribly confusing at a glance. The GMT hand reads as the minute hand. I showed a pic of one to my wife and asked her what time the pic showed, and it took her three tries to get it right. And she is a very intelligent woman. No watch should be that difficult to read. They should have made the hour and minute hand orange, and only the GMT skeleton hand in white (or vice versa).

Mike,

My two centavos are as follows: If you can only have one Doxa and you want it to be orange - even at the cost of letting go of a Sharkhunter - maybe what you really want deep down inside is the classic Doxa look, that is, a Pro.

Maybe you should get a 750T or 1000T Pro instead of a GMT. Then, your one and only Doxa would be the true orange classic!

Let us know what you do!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Confused Re: Trading my 750T Sharkhunter...got Pro GMT

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post

Maybe you should get a 750T or 1000T Pro instead of a GMT. Then, your one and only Doxa would be the true orange classic!

I know I know!! That thought has been running through my head all day long. The truth is, I just cant rationalize having just one DOXA. So, here's my plan of attack....Im going to swap the 750 sharkie for the 750 pro GMT. Why? Well as much as I love the 750 sharkie, I really do love that doxa orange. I really like the GMT for various reasons, the dial appears smaller, more limited supply with respect to total made, 2nd and 3rd timezone, complicated looking dial etc...the only thing that is a bit confusing is how to tell where the minute markers are on the dial....?

Next on the list is the 1000T sharky because it seems to resemble the vintage subs more with the slightly smaller case and the white hour and minute hands. The more I hang out on this forum the more the vintage look appeals to me(Is that weird?) It also seems to me like I could wear it with a dress shirt/suit more so than the 750T. I hope Im not just rambling and this somehow makes sense

Let me know what you guys think

Thanks for all the advice and input everyone!

Mike
    Cheers,

Mike

Previously Enjoyed

DOXA 750T Sharkhunter
    DOXA 750T Professional GMT
    Seiko Prospex Ti "Samurai" SBDA003
    MKII Stingray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information