Trigger Pulled

Thread: Trigger Pulled

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Trigger Pulled

I was the second to last person to purchase the original 2002 Doxa SUB 300T Professional Re-Issue. My best friend bought the last one (we were too late for the original 1000 watches which sold out, but Doxa contacted me and related that there were two cancellations and those two watches were back available).

My desire for a "beads of rice" style bracelet on the subsequent 600T, 750T, 1000T, and 5000T watches has been building.

Orange is the only color for me. While I certainly enjoy the Sharkhunter, Searambler, and Divingstar versions (and I would be glad to have several of each if I had the funds), Dirk Pitt and Clive Cussler wear orange.

The new 1200T with the helium release valve blew me away.

The Diving With Legends limited edition of only 99 watches really blew me away too.

I attended the DWL presentation at the Chicago/Rosemont Our World Underwater 2010 show and Pete Millar was wonderful. So was Doxa, the DWL book, and all of the legends who were present and received their watches and books.

It was a very hard decision with the economy and the uncertainty of the world's future, the United States' future, Illinois' future, and my family's future.

24 of the DWL watches were given to Pete and the 23 other legends, which left only 75 DWL SUB 1200T HRV Professional watches available to the public. 24 of the diving world's most famous divers now have this particular limited edition of only 99 on their wrists. I was at the presentation. I had an absolute blast with all the forum members when we went out to dinner at Harry Carey's restaurant. That's it. I concluded that I must have one.

I pulled the "trigger" (an enjoyable pun for those of you who know me!) and loaded up the Doxa order page and pressed the "enter" key on my keyboard. I softly said, "Pow" as I pressed the key.

I now await shipment details and I am reminded of that 2002 situation, constantly checking the FedEx tracking number.

Verrrrrry exciting!

Last edited by Steve Tracy; April 13th, 2010 at 01:37.

Re: Trigger Pulled

Way to go, Steve ..... congratulations, you are going to enjoy your 1200T DWL. I'm not even a diver, have not attended any of these events, yet felt I had to have the DWL-version. I'm so glad I got mine

I know that feeling of missing out all too well and my wife knows all the stories that come with the feeling. That's why she pulled the trigger on my limited edition Ducati MH900e (#225/2000) while I was on a business trip

RonB

PS - explains my screen-name too

Steve, I am so excited for you. With the Doxaholic / Clive Cussler blood that flows through your veins..........I can think of no better current watch for you. I am really glad that you ended up with one.

Congrats!!! Please post-up some pictures when it arrives.........and BTW, I am glad THAT is the way you pulled the trigger
    Best Regards,
    Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You gonna love it!
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Way to go Steve!! Now we got to take an other picture with Ralph to showcase our DWL. Glad you you pulled the trigger ever so gently!
    BTW did Harry Carey's open again after the fire?
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

It was nice meeting you in Chicago...sorry i couldn't make it to dinner but I had a flight to catch. You'll love your DWL........
    "The Best Dives Start With A Giant Stride"
    Doxa Army
    Doxa Sub 250T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300 U.S. Divers “Blacklung”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S. Divers Conquistador
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Sharkhunter “Silver Shark”
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Searambler
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers/Syncron Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub 300T U.S..Divers Professional
    Doxa Sub 600T Spirotechnique Professional
    Etc.

After a bit of credit card confusion (my credit card company balked at the internet order because I used the old pre-order link from Doc Pete's original post and it tried to charge the pre-order and the second final price to make up the total price. I'm actually very happy to know that the cc is sharp enough to flag that kind of transaction, but it's smoothed out now), I now have an order number and I await a FedEx shipping/tracking number. Doxa said the DWL 1200T should ship tomorrow. I'm off the rest of the week, my wife should be here Sat and Sun, and then I'm off Mon and Tues so hopefully it will arrive when someone is here.

Needless to say, I'll have that tracking number constantly copied into my computer's browser so I can check it allllllll the time!

Steve, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to deliver it to you on Friday.........Unless it get's hung-up in customs. Keep us updated!!
    Best Regards,
    Jason

The phone rang this morning. It was the FedEx recording with the tracking number. Slated for delivery Friday morning prior to 10:30am! Oh boyyyyyyyyyy!

Steve,

that's a definite 2 DWLs in Chicagoland. I'll get in touch when I'm home and we can meet up and I'll sign the books. I'll also bring along a box of classy Doxas

Pete

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information