Trying on a Doxa

Thread: Trying on a Doxa

Trying on a Doxa

Hi everyone. This sounds like a silly question but are there any there any ADs in the Toronto area who sells Doxa where you can try on one of the watches before buying? I'm starting to really like to look of the watches but have some concerns about how they will sit on my wrist as the base of the case is quite different than the typcal cases.

Re: Trying on a Doxa

Quote Originally Posted by BaCaitlin View Post
    Hi everyone. This sounds like a silly question but are there any there any ADs in the Toronto area who sells Doxa where you can try on one of the watches before buying? I'm starting to really like to look of the watches but have some concerns about how they will sit on my wrist as the base of the case is quite different than the typcal cases.
    There are no ADs in Toronto.

However, I am thinking that there are a couple forum members close by.........Maybe we can arrange a GTG with you and at least one forumer so that you can see one in the flesh?? We might have to wait for someone close to you to chime-in on this thread.

BTW..........Welcome over to the DARKSIDE of Doxa
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    There are no ADs in Toronto.

However, I am thinking that there are a couple forum members close by.........Maybe we can arrange a GTG with you and at least one forumer so that you can see one in the flesh?? We might have to wait for someone close to you to chime-in on this thread.

BTW..........Welcome over to the DARKSIDE of Doxa
    Thanks for the welcome! As I was typing this, a Doxa owner pm'd me offering to show me a few of his Doxas.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Let us know how you like it!
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BaCaitlin View Post
    Thanks for the welcome! As I was typing this, a Doxa owner pm'd me offering to show me a few of his Doxas.
    I think you will find that there are a great group of Doxaholics that hang-out on this board. Please take your camera when going to meet the forumer, and post some pics of your meeting, and of your impression of the watches.:thanks
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I'm in the same big neighbourhood with some beautiful Doxa in my collection. Send me a PM and we can organize something but I want to warn you that it is highly contagious!
    Michael
    IGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The world is my oyster and I like the taste of it!

Hey BaCaitlin,

just get it. It grows on you. I got it after looking at it on the web and when I finally opened it, it was "Not as big" as I had expected, but then now I think it's the perfect size.

Regarding your note about the caseback, it's a little different from usual watches, but it's because it's a watch designed for divers who don't mind diving with their watch. The craziest thing, it fits like it's been molded onto my wrist. I haven't figured how they do it in Doxa but it's something pretty special. I removed 2 links and it's a perfect fit, no play, no squeeze or cuts. Just right. You don't that often.

The crazy thing is that I decided to go ahead to get my wife a Sea Nymph even before my 1000T Sharkhunter arrived. Same story, I took off 3 links and it's once again a perfect fit. It's not a coincidence. They do have a good formula to give your watch a good fit.

Hope this helps. I've had my on my wrist almost every waking hour since.

Good luck in your new buy!
    Andy

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy View Post
    Hey BaCaitlin,

just get it. It grows on you. I got it after looking at it on the web and when I finally opened it, it was "Not as big" as I had expected, but then now I think it's the perfect size.

Regarding your note about the caseback, it's a little different from usual watches, but it's because it's a watch designed for divers who don't mind diving with their watch. The craziest thing, it fits like it's been molded onto my wrist. I haven't figured how they do it in Doxa but it's something pretty special. I removed 2 links and it's a perfect fit, no play, no squeeze or cuts. Just right. You don't that often.

The crazy thing is that I decided to go ahead to get my wife a Sea Nymph even before my 1000T Sharkhunter arrived. Same story, I took off 3 links and it's once again a perfect fit. It's not a coincidence. They do have a good formula to give your watch a good fit.

Hope this helps. I've had my on my wrist almost every waking hour since.

Good luck in your new buy!
    Andy
    Couldn't agree more with this. The Doxa is one of my largest and heaviest watches, but it fits so well that I don't even notice it on my wrist after mere seconds. Not sure if this is a standard experience, but it sure works well for me.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

Thread Information