UK Doxa owners

Thread: UK Doxa owners

UK Doxa owners

Hi all, just wanted to do a quick survey on how many UK Doxa owners there are on here, my reason being wanting to know how you have found being a Doxa owner not having any AD to turn to with regard to servicing and warranty issues.

Am i wrong in saying there being no AD in the UK, its just i have never seen any, I think deep down im just wanting reasurance if i do venture into buying one. (which i am very close to doing)

Thanks in advance.

Re: UK Doxa owners

Hi,

I think you can go into all the angles possible and still find yourself getting nowhere.

In reality with todays modern postal services your watch could be back with Doxa the very next day if in the unlikely event it, somehow, went wrong or needed serviced.

If I'm right in my thinking most AD's just box it up anyway and send it back to the manufacturer so you are involving another person in the chain givin more room for error and time taken.

Cheers

Simon
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Mate don't worry about not having an AD, should any issue arise during the warranty period the watch simply goes back to Doxa for a prompt repair, simple postage that is neither difficult nor stressful.

After that you can have Doxa continue to service it, or as said elsewhere, get any watchmaker here in the UK to do it as ETA the movement is widely used. In any case, a service is only needed every 3, 5 or more years

Want to give a hint as to which model you're fancying

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Hi,

I think you can go into all the angles possible and still find yourself getting nowhere.

In reality with todays modern postal services your watch could be back with Doxa the very next day if in the unlikely event it, somehow, went wrong or needed serviced.

If I'm right in my thinking most AD's just box it up anyway and send it back to the manufacturer so you are involving another person in the chain givin more room for error and time taken.

Cheers

Simon
    Cheers that pretty much answers my query.

Would still be nice to how many Doxa wearing Brits there are on here, not that i have anything against anyone from other parts of the universe.

Another Doxa owner here. just one question - whats a service??

Alasdair

Not entirely sure I can add anything that the others haven't already

All I can tell you is that I wear mine everyday and that it appears to be virtually indestructible I am really glad I did not go mainstream with a Bond Seamaster, as the uniqueness of the brand always makes it a good talking point.

My only regret with buying a Doxa??? It's that I cannot afford another one or two, or three or......

Happy choosing.

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

Like everyone else says, go for it!

There's no problem not having an AD on the ground here. I've worn a DOXA every day for the last four and a half years (to the chagrin of my Omega Seamaster), and on the two occasions that a watch has had to go back to Switzerland it's been pretty much hassle-free.

They're great watches, and unlike the Omega (which I should point out is still a beautiful piece) you won't see another everywhere you look. How cool is that, eh?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    Mate don't worry about not having an AD, should any issue arise during the warranty period the watch simply goes back to Doxa for a prompt repair, simple postage that is neither difficult nor stressful.

After that you can have Doxa continue to service it, or as said elsewhere, get any watchmaker here in the UK to do it as ETA the movement is widely used. In any case, a service is only needed every 3, 5 or more years

Want to give a hint as to which model you're fancying
    Cheers to everyone's response,

as to the model(s) im fancying well as i only like one decent watch at a time i did like the black military ones but thought they probably wont dress up too well, so either the 800Ti if there are going to be any left when i get round to ordering, or any of the other ones apart from the chrono, oh and i want a sharkhunter model.

Just another question someone may be able to answer easily,

When the Doxa models are produced in the limited numbers ie 5000 or 1000 or in the case of the 800TI 500, how many models does for instance Omega produce of a seamaster or planet ocean as these are more mainstream? I dont class the numbers that Doxa produce of there models a lot at all so i am glad if i do buy one it will be quite exclusive.

Also i see on the website that they have the 750T sharkhunter on there, can i take it that the others of this model ie professional etc would have been produced but there is none of these left so when the sharkhunter goes thats it no more 750T's...............Is that how Doxa works?

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

When the Doxa models are produced in the limited numbers ie 5000 or 1000 or in the case of the 800TI 500, how many models does for instance Omega produce of a seamaster or planet ocean as these are more mainstream? I dont class the numbers that Doxa produce of there models a lot at all so i am glad if i do buy one it will be quite exclusive.

Also i see on the website that they have the 750T sharkhunter on there, can i take it that the others of this model ie professional etc would have been produced but there is none of these left so when the sharkhunter goes thats it no more 750T's...............Is that how Doxa works?
    Omega produces thousands of those, very much more common than Doxa (but still very desirable!).

I wasn't aware there was still a 750T Sharkhunter available, I'd suggest you verify that with Doxa before deciding on it (the website might be out of date? Or they may have one, or even a few? ). And yes, the 750T Pro's are sold out from Doxa, though there still may be some in the dealer pipeline (won't do you much good unless you travel to them).

If you want one that dresses up well, I suggest you check out the 5000T Sharkhunter. IMHO, this is the "dressiest" of the Sharkhunter models, just beware it is also one of the largest of the Doxa SUB models, and shirt cuffs may be an issue (have the button moved out, that should fix it). Of course, there's the one remaining 750T Searambler, goes great dressed up! But you did say Sharkhunter.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Another UK Doxa owner here!
    Currently trying to avoid buying the 800Ti......
    Chris

Doxa, Smiths, Precista, Longines,
    CWC. Casio Baby-G, Rolex

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you´re racing, it’s life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    (Steve McQueen, 1971)

Thread Information