UK Doxa Owners

Thread: UK Doxa Owners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK Doxa Owners

Hello to all you Doxa owners,

First post on this forum, but i have been a keen follower in the background for several months now and your enthusiasms for Doxa have definately rubbed off on me,to the point where I can now feel my first Doxa purchase on the horizon.There are 2 Doxa's that have really taken my eye,those being the 750T Sharkhunter or The Searambler. But what I would like to know is,could any of you recent UK Doxa buyers give me the lo-down on the final costing (GBP) of purchasing a Doxa in the UK,
    ie; cost of watch with shipping for a first time Doxa buyer,British customs duty,(are there any other costings i should take into consideration)
    And a rough guide time to delivery of the watch from say completion of order to Doxa.

Many thanks in advance,

Lee :thanks
    Glashutte Evo Sport
    Panerai 104
    IWC 3717
    Breitling Blackbird A44359
    Ocean7 LM1 #63

Re: UK Doxa Owners

Hi there Lee

Not sure what you'll have to pay, but a couple of years back I had to pay £120 to Fedex for VAT on my Divingstar. A horrible and unwelcome surprise, but ultimately worth it when you look at the watch. If you do get one (and it probably won't end at one) you'll be extremely happy, I assure you.

Simon

Pretty simple - If you buy new you will be hit for 17.5% VAT on the DOXA invoice price, plus a handling fee of something like £7.

FEDEX will call you when the watch arrives in the UK to get tax payment before letting it out of customs.

DOXA will give delivery dispatch details to you so you can track the watch as it comes from Switzerland on FEDEX.com (it's cool to see the route and times), normally takes 4-5 days from dispatch to arrival at your door.

Cheers,
    David.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks David,

Thats just the kind of info i needed,I've only bought watches from the UK and so was not too sure how it all worked buying from overseas.I didn't want to commit and then get hit for extras without having some idea of what they maybe.Now all i need to do is get the funds in the right place and pull the trigger..................

Lee
    Glashutte Evo Sport
    Panerai 104
    IWC 3717
    Ocean7 LM1 #63

Lee, just to confirm for you one more thing - anything you buy from an EU country has NO tax to pay on arrival in the UK - we get hit for Doxa because Switzerland isn't an EU member country.

I've bought stuff from all around the world, SOMETIMES you get away without paying tax for non-EU items but really that's the minority. Unfortunately every Doxa i've bought new, four of them, has been caught at customs!!

Cheers,
    David.

I have also been stung for the import duty. Man it is just a killer.

I'm working on some Swiss work colleagues maybe taking delivery for me in the future, to avoid this problem. Then, I'm going to fill up the car and go for a road trip - woo hoo.
    I figure it should only be just over a tank full of diesel to get there - so, total for the round journey would be about £90. Less than the tax and I get to have fun through Europe. With maybe a diversion round some of the mountain roads. Think I'm going to have to buy a Sat Nav as well......

Adrian
    Caribbean SUB750T #111
    Professional SUB750T #4796 (back from repair )

Just got notice that my Sharkhunter GMT was shipped today. So looks like i have the customs payments to look forward to!

Happy to be a new member of the Doxa family though.

Steve

Thanks for all your replies guys.
    Looks like i'm not the only one a bit miffed at paying her majesty yet more hard earned £'s for our pleasures in life.
    Steve if you are taking delivery of your GMT Sharkie in the UK then maybe you could let me know how it all went.
    Hopefully by then i would have made my choice between The Sharkhunter and The Searambler,its just hard because i don't know anyone who owns a Doxa so i'm sort of flying by the seat of my pants on this one but judging by the pic's and opinions of you guys i can't wait to land a Doxa.

Cheers Lee
    Glashutte Evo Sport
    Panerai 104
    IWC 3717
    Ocean7 LM1 #63

Doxa is now at customs in stansted airport.

Total duties to pay 168 pounds........Ah well! so much for the E.U

Switzerland isn't in the EU...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information