Unbelievable .......

Thread: Unbelievable .......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unbelievable .......

Back in July of 2006, I bought a 750T Pro, Pitt Edition.

The evening I received it, I waxed poetic about the watch, probably boring all of you to tears .....

Six weeks later, I reported that the watch was keeping extraordinarily good time; to the tune of +/- 3 seconds, or so. My report was greeted with congratulations, and cloaked warnings to not expect this kind of accuracy over "the long haul".

Granted, 5 months isn't a very long period of time, but .........

Back when we had the time change here in the US, I re-synced the 750T to my atomic/solar G-Shock Muddie, which grabs a signal, every night and without fail, from Ft. Collins CO. Believe it or not, I just checked the 750T right now, and it is 1 second fast ..... that's it, 1 second .......

Say what you want about the 2824/2, I'm a firm believer. I did not get the COSC version, nor have I had it adjusted/regulated. I've done nothing but wear it, continuously, since July. And it's fast by one second in three weeks.

Unbelievable ......

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Re: Unbelievable .......

That is pretty incredible Bill!! Congratulations. I agree, the 2824 is a workhorse. Sounds as if you got one that was adjusted JUST Right by the factory. Keep us updated..............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Unbelievable .......

Thank you Jason ... as this is my first Swiss auto, I didn't know what to expect. I'm a Seiko man from the beginning of my WIS days, but this DOXA has really impressed me.

There will be a DS COSC in my near future (Christmas?).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

with yuor luck and the obvious accuracy of the non-cosc- why spend the extra $$$$ on a COSC- go 1000t divingstar I say- except for that sweeeeet helmet logo!

I have to agree that is awesome! I can't wait for my pro to arrive hearing stories like this kill me.

Unbelievable .......

To be honest Song, I'm not buying the COSC DS because of the 7-way adjusted movement .... I want it FOR the helmet logo!! If DOXA would put it on the non-COSC, I'd be just as happy to get that version ..........

Hey KindaClever .... when the Pro arrives, we expect PICS!! No matter that we are all well aware of the watch; we love the pics anyway! And, if you can show it wet, why, that'd be nice too .......

Cheers!
    Bill

Yep- Bill I know what you mean- that HElmet Logo nails it for me toooooo

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Congrats on the timekeeping! I just concluded a short time test on my modern Doxa's, 3 days each. Three of four were within COSC specs, while the forth was out of COSC spec by one second in three days.... pretty darned good!

Interesting note that it seems the COSC SUB 1000T models are slightly different colors according to another post I've seen (matte vs. gloss dials). I'm looking forward to comparing each at an AD in the near future myself.
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Same story with my two 750Ts. Both are not only extremely accurate but one of the winders that I keep both of them on quit working while I was away over the weekend. Amazingly, both stopped running within 30 seconds of each other!!

So both run side by side and have similar reserve lives.

Unbelievable .......

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Congrats on the timekeeping! I just concluded a short time test on my modern Doxa's, 3 days each. Three of four were within COSC specs, while the forth was out of COSC spec by one second in three days.... pretty darned good!

Interesting note that it seems the COSC SUB 1000T models are slightly different colors according to another post I've seen (matte vs. gloss dials). I'm looking forward to comparing each at an AD in the near future myself.
    Thanks T-Bone, and congrats to you also. 75% of your DOXA's are within spec, and the last is so close as to be there too. Not too shabby for a low-end movement, right? Simply amazing pieces of machinery ...

I'd read about the colour variance myself; I would really like to see them side-by-each myself; I prefer the gloss of the 750T, but perhaps the matte won't be bad either ..... I just need to ride to Philly, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxa Dan View Post
    Same story with my two 750Ts. Both are not only extremely accurate but one of the winders that I keep both of them on quit working while I was away over the weekend. Amazingly, both stopped running within 30 seconds of each other!!

So both run side by side and have similar reserve lives.
    Hello Dan ... it would seem that they run just as well on a winder as they do on the wrist. Interesting, my Seiko's always keep better time on my wrist, as opposed to the winder. Another difference between the two types of engines, I guess.

Cheers!
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information