The Ups and Downs of Doxa ownership.

Thread: The Ups and Downs of Doxa ownership.

Have bought a few watches recently and the watch fund is badly depleted. Imagine my horror when 4 (yes 4) Doxas (1 Doxa based) appear for sale at very reasonable prices. Three of them i would like to own but one of them is a need.
    So sitting feeling there really sorry for myself at the unfairness of life and decide to take out my watches and give them a clean.

Then out of the blue one thing just made it as plain as day to me that life ain't too bad at all when you really think about it.
    Alasdair

Re: The Ups and Downs of Doxa ownership.

Alasdair,

seeing Scotland in your signature, just reminded me of the year I spent back in Aberdeen. Here for those who haven't seen it is my little photo tour of travels with my Doxa from Pittsburgh to Aberdeen. Lots of photos.

Pete

http://doxa300t.com/travels.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Alasdair,

seeing Scotland in your signature, just reminded me of the year I spent back in Aberdeen. Here for those who haven't seen it is my little photo tour of travels with my Doxa from Pittsburgh to Aberdeen. Lots of photos.

Pete

http://doxa300t.com/travels.htm
    Hi Pete
    Some great pics there. I know Aberdeen quite well as my sister married an Aberdeen guy and they lived there for quite a few years. Quite nice in the summer but a brutal, windy cold place in the winter.
    I live on the west coast at Loch Lomond where the weather is a lot milder although wet. As many people have said there are not many more beautiful places than Scotland.
    Cheers
    Alasdair

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You just used this thread as an excuse to post a pic of one of my favorite watches........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    You just used this thread as an excuse to post a pic of one of my favorite watches........
    Okay - you got me

small world... i was in Stonehaven for 20 years...
    My watch gallery... (last update 30 July 07)

Hello Alasdair ... sometimes we forget how truly fortunate we are. Most of us are able to entertain our passion, and turn it into a fantastic hobby. I've been where you are; when I get to feeling like I've "missed out" on something that I'd like to have, I go to my watches, my motorcycle, or my Landy, and I'm reminded that I am truly lucky to have acquired these things. Too many folks never know the joy of passion-chasing. Me? I'm just blessed to have an understanding wife, and the means to enjoy my fun.

Take care, and be well Friend.

Hi Doc ... thanks for the Scotland link. Though I've yet had the chance to visit this beautiful place, your photos help to keep the spirit alive. It really looks to be a magical place.

The wife and I will be making a trip to the UK for our 25th anniversary; I want to visit Ireland (birthplace of my paternal grandmother), Scotland, and of course England. Aside from watches, I'm a long-time Landy lover; Solihull will be one of my stops when in England.

But I digress ...

Thank you for sharing some of your journey with us; wonderful shots of a truly beautiful land.
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Thread Information