Valhalla Rising??? a newbie's question

Thread: Valhalla Rising??? a newbie's question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Valhalla Rising??? a newbie's question

Almost finished with my First Pitt book...Valhalla Rising, is there a second one that follows this book, and if so what's it title?

Also, what affordable orange diver would all of you get if there was no way you could swing a Doxa...even a used one. I'm thinking about a Monster or a Dive Master 500.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

Re: Valhalla Rising??? a newbie's question

Quote Originally Posted by kelson View Post
    Almost finished with my First Pitt book...Valhalla Rising, is there a second one that follows this book, and if so what's it title?

Also, what affordable orange diver would all of you get if there was no way you could swing a Doxa...even a used one. I'm thinking about a Monster or a Dive Master 500.
    In the Dirk Pitt Series, "Trojan Odyssey" is the next book , then "Black Wind" and finally "Treasure of khan". There are an additional 15 Dirk Pitt adventures that precede "Valhalla Rising".

If you can't afford a DOXA right now, I'd save your money until you can. You won't be satisfied unless you have the real thing.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I just finish reading NightProbe....that's it...I've read all of the Dirk novels......Now maybe I'll read the Kurt Austin novels, but I won't buy a Chronosport!
    Check out my free electonic music at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=193802

Visit www.myspace.com/taiwanscoliosis for information about scoliosis.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    If you can't afford a DOXA right now, I'd save your money until you can.

Orrrrr.... Just go ahead and blow $150 and have fun with an orange monster while you save your money for the real thing. While it's no Doxa, the orange monster is a great watch and you'll never regret the purchase! Get it on the SS bracelet though, it's the best bracelet I own on ANY of my watches.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by Doug507 View Post
    Orrrrr.... Just go ahead and blow $150 and have fun with an orange monster while you save your money for the real thing. While it's no Doxa, the orange monster is a great watch and you'll never regret the purchase! Get it on the SS bracelet though, it's the best bracelet I own on ANY of my watches.
    I agree with the love for the "Orange Monster" ... I use it as my yard work watch and such, and sure don't regret the purchase!

It's no Doxa, but for the price IMHO it's a great orange automatic!

--Keith

The OM was my first bit of orange too and really did force me over the edge. I LOVED the Doxa on first sight but just didn't know if I could pull it off. The OM got rid of any of those fears.

OM makes a good gateway to a future Doxa.
    I have too many watches.....

I purchased sooooooo many watches before I built up the courage to buy my first "real" watch, a 600T Prof, and since that day the only thing that I ever wear is a Doxa. All the others now seem like wasted money to me.

..that's only my $0.02, take it as such.
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. - Gerald Ford

Thanks for the opinions. It will be a long time before a Doxa is on the horizon. In the mean time, since there are no votes for the Swiss Army Diver I go for a orange monster.

I started with Vahalla Rising because my family came to the US from Denmark and I couldn't resist the title.

There are eighteen other Dirk Pitt novels available. You started with novel number sixteen. The first one published in 1973 is The Mediterranean Caper. Mr. Cussler and his character Dirk Pitt have been entertaining us for nearly 35 years now. I recently reread them all and was entertained as much now as I was back then. I think it's the true test of a classic, when you enjoy something today as much as you did three decades in the past. Doxa and Clive Cussler both pass the test IMHO.

I think the Orange Monster was the Gateway drug for quite a few Doxaholics. Like Max says it's a real bargain.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

While the Mediterranean Caper was published first, Pacific Vortex was written first, so I would start there...the first few books are pretty simple in terms of plot and character development...this is the order of reading I've seen the most...

Pacific Vortex (1983) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Mediterranean Caper (1973) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Iceberg (1975) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Raise the Titanic (1976) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Vixen 03 (1978) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Night Probe (1981) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Deep Six (1984) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Cyclops (1986) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Treasure (1988) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Dragon (1990) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Sahara (1992) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Inca Gold (1994) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Shockwave (1996) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Flood Tide (1997) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Atlantis Found (1999) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Valhalla Rising (2001) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Trojan Odyssey (2003) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Black Wind (2004) Dirk Pitt Novel
    Treasure of Khan (2006) Dirk Pitt Novel

Once you're done with those, you can always move on the the Oregon Files and NUMA Files books !!

Good luck with whichever watch you choose, and happy reading!!

Jeremy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information