Value of a used 600T available for sale

Thread: Value of a used 600T available for sale

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of a used 600T available for sale

Could anyone please comment on the value of a somewhat used 600T. The watch shows some wear, as there are many minute swirls and scratches on the case and bracelet. It comes with all of its original accessories, including the warranty card. The owner says that he does not ahve a manual, so I was wondering if the watch did, in fact, come with one from the factory. I know that the new DOXAs come with a CD and internet manual access. The asking price is a hair over $1,000. I am strugging with purchasing a slightly used/vintage example or simply pull the trigger and purchase a brand new 1000T. I ask, as I like the smaller size of the 600T, as well as the new 1000T. They are almost exactly the same in size. My wrist is a bit under 7.75", so I am concerned about the feel of the watch. I have a full size Tudor Submariner that is seemless on my wrist and I would like to retain that "didn't even know it was there" feel. Thanks in advance for your opinions and value judgements.

Re: Value of a used 600T available for sale

I'll give you my 2 cents .... just my thoughts .... A used watch is worth what price it will bring. A 600T depending on model and condition can bring anywhere from 1000 up to 2000 as in the 600T DS ... very limited edition. Atleast that is the price range I have seen. I don't really consider the 600 series as vintage yet and alot are available, so the watch in my mind, is worth what you are willing to pay. With that said and done ... if I had the choice between the 600 and the 1000T I would wait and go for the new 1000T. Atleast you get a full warranty with the new watch ans as you said the size is almost the same. If you don't want to wait nor spend the extra 500-600 for the new 1000T then the 600T is at a pretty good price.

John M

The 600T is not a small watch, but it is very comfortable. Your wrists are just a little bigger than mine, and I forget that I have it on sometimes. The one on the sales corner seems like a good deal, with both rubber straps that's about $80.00 worth of extras. It looks to be in good shape, tiny scratches are inevitable on these. It did not come with a manual or CD from Doxa, so nothing is missing from the package.

I do not know the seller, so I have no interest in whether or not you buy it. I can't believe it's still around at that price, I'd grab it if I didn't already have one!

Good luck in whatever you decide,
    Jim

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Based on what I have seen over the past several months that is a fair price. I do not believe that the watch came with a manual from the factory. None of my watches have come with a hard-copy manual. I think they have made several small "improvements" on the 1000T.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

I've had a 600T for four years now. The watch is very close in size to an Invicta Swiss that I have, which is nearly identical in size to the Rolex Sub. I know exactly what you mean when you say the watcn disappears on the wrist. You should check out Dr Pete's review site. The watch cost about $1,100.00 when new. It did not come with a manual or spec sheet as those were online and might still be. I'd E-Mail John P to find out. I swim a lot so I have my 600T on a Zulu most of the time as I do any watch I swim with. The bracelet is really comfortable. If you can, consider getting both, I know that I am. The 1000T's should be around for a while, but the 600T's are only available occaisionally. Hope this pic helps a little.

Joe
    Last edited by jstawasz; May 8th, 2007 at 08:49.

Would I be remiss if I offered $850 for the watch? Given that the watch was $1,100 new, is there no cost for usage? I know that watches do appreciate in value, but this is only a four year old example. I know what my Tudor is worth, but not real adept as to the value of a DOXA. At $850, would I be getting a worth while deal. Also, thank you to all that have and will respond!

Case size the 600T and 1000T are very similar. I think the 600 is 42.10mm and the 1000T is 42.70mm-really about the same size, but the 1000T is thicker. I'd say go for what you like and what you think wil fit your needs best. I don't think the WR rating is much of an issue, unless you're going 600m+ down.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by doretta59 View Post
    Would I be remiss if I offered $850 for the watch? Given that the watch was $1,100 new, is there no cost for usage? I know that watches do appreciate in value, but this is only a four year old example. I know what my Tudor is worth, but not real adept as to the value of a DOXA. At $850, would I be getting a worth while deal. Also, thank you to all that have and will respond!
    I don't think a sub $1k offer is a problem, given the condition of the case. The ones selling for a grand or more typically do not have a large amount of wear. If you look at the cost of having Jack refinish the case, on top of getting the watch for a grand, then I consider a lower offer to be fair.
    Just my opinion :)
    DW
    600T DP

Would $850 be a good deal

Would I be insulting this individual if I offer $850 for the watch? I know that many of us are attached to our specific brands, so I don't want to offend anyone on the Forum regarding value. This would be my first foray into DOXALAND, so I don't want to make a misstep when considering these prices. Thanks in advance for your opinions/thoughts.

Seller can accept or decline, that's up to him. Go back and search the forums to get an idea of what these go for, doubt you'll find any selling for $850, though.

Keep in mind, the sub600T is now basically vintage, no more to be found new, although there may be some mint ones out there (rarely come up for sale). If new is what you're after, buy new. The sub1000 is thicker as I understand, but if you want a new watch similar in size, that may be the way to go.

Pics magnify small scratches and dings, this one doesn't look like it would need any work by Jack, IMO. And 100% of Doxa subs that have been worn at all will have some scratches, that's just how they are...

Good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information