Vintage 300T with 750 Endlinks?

Thread: Vintage 300T with 750 Endlinks?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Vintage 300T with 750 Endlinks?

Ok - a question only for the most adventurous. I have a 300T Synchron, Generation 2 (Thick vintage case). A fellow member was nice enough to sell me his 750T bracelet. I ordered 600T open endlinks from Doxa to fit the 20mm lugs....and....

Doxa sent the wrong endlinks.

They sent a set of 750T Solid endlinks. So, now I have two pairs of these.

I have contacted Doxa help - but have not received word on what they are going to do to help me (it has only been 60 minutes).

In the meantime - I am wondering - should i just Dremel the side of the 21MM solid endlinks? And - if I did do that - does anyone know if the case holes and the solid endlink holes will even line up? The issue of course - is that I can not tell if they line up until I dremel them, and - I do not want to dremel them if they do not line up anyway.

Just wondering peoples thoughts. I am going to wait for customer service from Doxa to get back to me - but I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

Re: Vintage 300T with 750 Endlinks?

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Ok - a question only for the most adventurous. I have a 300T Synchron, Generation 2 (Thick vintage case). A fellow member was nice enough to sell me his 750T bracelet. I ordered 600T open endlinks from Doxa to fit the 20mm lugs....and....

Doxa sent the wrong endlinks.

They sent a set of 750T Solid endlinks. So, now I have two pairs of these.

I have contacted Doxa help - but have not received word on what they are going to do to help me (it has only been 60 minutes).

In the meantime - I am wondering - should i just Dremel the side of the 21MM solid endlinks? And - if I did do that - does anyone know if the case holes and the solid endlink holes will even line up? The issue of course - is that I can not tell if they line up until I dremel them, and - I do not want to dremel them if they do not line up anyway.

Just wondering peoples thoughts. I am going to wait for customer service from Doxa to get back to me - but I was wondering if anyone has tried this?
    Personally, I would wait to hear from Doxa. You have to remember it is the middle of the night in Switzerland. I wouldn't do a thing to the 750T endlinks. But that is just me. Doxa will fix it tomorrow.........
    Best Regards,
    Jason

leejay,
    I ordered a 750 bracelet for my 300T Poseiden Divingstar and filed down the end links to fit. It fits fine and looks really good. I tried my 600 bracelet on my 300T and didn't really like the way it looked. Just my two cents. Good luck, Randy
    Overtime: The fuel for the Doxaholic engine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by whse View Post
    leejay,
    I ordered a 750 bracelet for my 300T Poseiden Divingstar and filed down the end links to fit. It fits fine and looks really good. I tried my 600 bracelet on my 300T and didn't really like the way it looked. Just my two cents. Good luck, Randy

Two things:

1. 300T Poseidon Divingstar? That is one nice watch!
    2. Could you post a picture? Would love to see it.

I have files as well - so may use either that - or a dremel. I have used a dremel before to grind some stuff down - the only problem is keeping the grind smooth and flat. We are only talking about 1mm though.

Here are a couple of pictures (not very good ones) of my Poseiden, If you notice a greenish tint to the face your not wrong. John P told me that it is a natural patina that can happen to a watch of this age. It had a cheap rubber band on it when I bought it. I think the 750 band looks a lot better. Randy

whse,

I have just ground one of the 750T endinks to fit between the lugs. It looks nothing like the great fit that you have. I am not sure why - but mine if much farther away - and subsequently - it has a huge gap in between the lug and the case.

How did you get yours so close? I must be doing something wrong. Did you have to put in new holes in the lugs to get it closer? I am not sure I can do that.

whse - hey - thanks for the pics. Really appreciate that.

OK - got mine to work as well. Please see the pictures here as well. I had to change the springbars to get it to work correctly.

For all those who are interested. These 750T solid endlinks can be used. However, the angle of the fit is not perfect. The endlinks will "rock" and show a gap. I am going to explore putting something in between the endlink and the case to keep the endlink at the right angle.

leejay,
    I didn't have to do anything but shorten the end links a little (hand filing). I wonder if the difference is the cases themselves. Your watch is probably a newer or older version then mine. Good Luck Randy

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Will WUS wonders never cease? I discovered a forgotten (by me) function while reading this thread. Below it is a list of "similar" threads. You might want to read this one, it seems to cover this topic quite well (and with pictures). Click on https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=7255
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information