Vintage Doxa repairs

Thread: Vintage Doxa repairs

Vintage Doxa repairs

I have a 1970's Doxa Sub 300T (black faced, white hands) Sharkhunter watch which needs a full service, refurbishment of the case, and most importantly replacement hands as all 3 have been bent and let down the cosmetic look of the watch. Can anyone tell me where I might be able to buy a set of replacement hands? I've made a couple of enquiries of Doxa over the past 2/3 years but they don't seem to be able to help. Thanks

Vancouver Island / California (depending on the citizenship I use)

Re: Vintage Doxa repairs

I actually just purchased a vintage watch a lot like yours. It too is in need of repairs.

Based on my research on here it seems like Jack at IWW Watches ( DLC watch coating, watch modification, repair, restoration - IWW ) is the guy. he does a lot of varied watch work, apparently knows Doxas very well, and is fantastic at sympathetic restoration work (ie. not making it look brand new). Not sure how much he charges, but I've heard his wait times are long. But, being among the best has that effect. Bear in mind that I've got no personal experience with him - just what I've heard, which is enough to convince me to give him a shot.
    Daily Rotation:
    Seiko
    "Save the Ocean" Turtle; Tudor Black Bay; DOXA 1000T Project Aware (75/92); Seiko SKX013; Garmin Descent; Tissot PRS200

whatever happened to doxa's vintage restoration shop? It was based in austria and did restos on their watches.
    Hey Andy, is it still alive???

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

IWW is the guy for restorations of Doxa's

Thread Information