Vintage Doxa Sub Crystals

Thread: Vintage Doxa Sub Crystals

Vintage Doxa Sub Crystals

Luckily I won a Doxa sub. I'm really excited for this but the crystal was replaced with one not as thick.
    "The crystal was cracked and since we do not have original crystals for these we had to replace it with one with a much lower profile. The original crystal was thicker and was flush with the bezel. This one is not, its approximately 1 mm lower. If you have an original crystal I can install "

What do you guys think. The watch is INCOMING. Looking at my other vintage 300 with an original crystal I do not see a lower sitting one bothering me.

Can these be found?

Re: Vintage Doxa Sub Crystals

Last minute update.
    I found a crystal for $100 should I send it to be swapped?

So you’re the one, Sharky? For a crystal check mylocaltime (France) on eBay. Jack also has access to them. Hope to see it restored someday.
    Last edited by Paul Ramon; 1 Week Ago at 19:59.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ramon View Post
    So you’re the one, Congrats! For a crystal check mylocaltime (France) on eBay. Jack also has access to them. Hope to see it restored someday.
    Paul the watch has had a rough life. Looks like someone smacked it around and it also had some water in the case at one point.
    The only major concern for me is the crystal and you are right about mylocaltime. I'm reaching out to Paul (watch repair) to see if he wants to hold the watch for me so I can send the crystal to him.

I'm also not 100% about the size of the bracelet. He lists that it's 6.5 - 7.5 fully expanded. If it's really tight I can steel a link from my other Doxa but we will see.
    I know one of the "elastic links" is broken so surely that will add some size to the bracelet.

I thought he’d mentioned some spots on the dial but that black dial hides it pretty well, I didn’t really notice it. Hopefully the guts are ok as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
    Paul the watch has had a rough life. Looks like someone smacked it around and it also had some water in the case at one point.
    The only major concern for me is the crystal and you are right about mylocaltime. I'm reaching out to Paul (watch repair) to see if he wants to hold the watch for me so I can send the crystal to him.

I'm also not 100% about the size of the bracelet. He lists that it's 6.5 - 7.5 fully expanded. If it's really tight I can steel a link from my other Doxa but we will see.
    I know one of the "elastic links" is broken so surely that will add some size to the bracelet.
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like you'll be extra happy changing the crystal to one with the exact thickness.
    Omar Montaño

Auricoste Spirotechnique
    Auricoste Nouvelle Spirotechnique
    Blancpain Aqua Lung No Radiations
    Doxa Sub 300 Professional Black Lung Reissue
    Doxa Sub 300 Sharkhunter Black Lung Reissue
    Doxa Sub 300T Professional
    Doxa Sub 300T Sharkhunter US Divers
    Doxa Sub 300T Sharkhunter US Divers/Synchron
    Doxa Sub 300T Divingstar Poseidon Reissue
    Doxa Sub 600T Professional Spirotechnique
    Doxa Sub 1200T Sharkhunter
    Doxa Sub Mission 31
    IWC Aquatimer 2000 Ref. 3568
    IWC Aquatimer 2000 Ref. 3538
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Ref. 3719
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph Cousteau Ref. 3767
    Jenny Caribbean 300 Black/Yellow
    Jenny Caribbean 300 Blue/White
    Tudor Submariner 94110

"The best way to observe a fish is to become a fish" - Jacques-Yves Cousteau

Watch is incoming and I ordered a gasket and crystal.
    An extra $150, I spoke to Paul and they are going to do the swap for me.

I'm looking forward to it.

I just posted that link to the "what Doxa are you wearing thread", wondered if someone here grabbed it. I"l look forward to it with the right crystal.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Damasko DS30Y
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Squale 1521
    Seiko 7n36

Fits well due to the elastic links. The case and bracelet have a nice shine with sharp edges.
    The unpainted bezel has really grown on me. Some vintage examples have the bezel badly degraded were as the numbers are no longer there. This example the numbers are still there and look deep, ready to be repainted.

The replacement crystal is nice but I believe it's stopping the bezel from moving or at least something is. The bezel is stiff and stuck.
    I'm going to reach out to the seller but than again it doesn't really matter right now because I'm going to send in the watch once I get the sub 300t crystal in.

Attachment 14227477

Quote Originally Posted by Hands90 View Post
    Fits well due to the elastic links. The case and bracelet have a nice shine with sharp edges.
    The unpainted bezel has really grown on me. Some vintage examples have the bezel badly degraded were as the numbers are no longer there. This example the numbers are still there and look deep, ready to be repainted.

The replacement crystal is nice but I believe it's stopping the bezel from moving or at least something is. The bezel is stiff and stuck.
    I'm going to reach out to the seller but than again it doesn't really matter right now because I'm going to send in the watch once I get the sub 300t crystal in.

Attachment 14227477
    Grab that bezel and keep rotating it round and round and round it should become useable

Thread Information