Vintage Sub 300t update

Thread: Vintage Sub 300t update

Vintage Sub 300t update

So, I FINALLY got the watch back after having it serviced at my local Rolex AD. I had the movement overhauled and the bezel fixed (it was missing the rachet spring). I can't be happier with the watch. It has been keeping darn near spot on time for the 36 hours I have had it back.

I have already started removing the bezel paint to repaint myself as seen in the picture. I will post a new picture after I apply new paint this evening.

Again, you will notice the lume is missing at a few of the hour marks and is starting to chip on the hour hand. Next up will be a new crystal and lume of the dial.

I have a feeling after this watch a modern Doxa might be in my future!

Re: Vintage Sub 300t update

Nice-looking watch you have there..........How much did your guy charge for the service???? (if you don't mind me asking.......)
    Best Regards,
    Jason

It was $250 including the price to make the bezel ratchet spring. I would imagine others do as well but he also warranties the work for a year. What I still can't get over is how accurate it is running!

I will hopefully get up some high quality photos soon with some of my other non Doxa watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by keithdeyoung View Post
    It was $250 including the price to make the bezel ratchet spring. I would imagine others do as well but he also warranties the work for a year. What I still can't get over is how accurate it is running!

I will hopefully get up some high quality photos soon with some of my other non Doxa watches.
    I would say that if he had to fabricate the bezel spring, then I think you did pretty good for $250 for a service. Congrats!! That is a great watch IMHO.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Yes they had to fabricate the spring. Wow, wow, wow. I painted the bezel and just removed all the excess paint. I can't believe how great it came out!! Super easy thanks Dr. Peter Millars website.

Quote Originally Posted by keithdeyoung View Post
    Yes they had to fabricate the spring. Wow, wow, wow. I painted the bezel and just removed all the excess paint. I can't believe how great it came out!! Super easy thanks Dr. Peter Millars website.

Pictures !!!!!
    Too many watches

Ohhhh and a Doxa Sub Conquistador !!!!!!

Thread Information