I Haven't posted for a while but have been logging in weekly to catch-up on what is new.
Firstly, sadly I sold my 600T and my 750T to perhaps purchase a 1000T Sharky but not sure yet.
Secondly, Got Dr Pete's book and think it is absoulutley great.
Thirdly, Got my Dad his GMT Caribbean, it was great to see him open the package, he was like a kid opening his parcel when it arrived quite a few months ago. He never takes it off and thinks it is "better than my funny lookin orange ones", ha ha ha
Anyhow my vintage Doxa just came back from my watch guy after he reassembled it. "I think I love this watch the most."
I have always loved my 300T reissue as it gets most wrist time and the T-Graph only goes out on special occasions. However when the vintage came home and I put it on, I haven't been able to take it off.
The reassembly was straight forward.
So here are the pic's
- The crystal was expensive to re-polish because of a few deep scratches and I opted to stay with the original one.
- My watch guy only slightly relumed the hands and markers to stay with the original fade so it looks totally original.
- The movement needed a new main spring and one cog, don't know where he sourced it from though.
- He pressure tested it and yes it can go back to diving, but it wont if I have anything to do about it. (don't want to risk loosing it)
- Keeps time amazingly well only looses around +/- 2 to 3 seconds after a couple of days.
So there goes, I have actually been thinking of putting the vintage on the DOXA bund strap, I think that will look pretty cool.
Hope these pic turn out, by the way I am not real flash at taking pic's definatly not my strength.