Want to help me choose?

Thread: Want to help me choose?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want to help me choose?

Well, summer is almost over and I'm feeling the urge to take the plunge before the sale ends. Currently I only have 2 Doxas in the stable -- my Sharky GMT and a Deco. I have given this a lot of thought, probably too much. At this point, I just can't make up my mind so I thought I'd seek some forum input.

Here are the issues I'm having --

1. I'm not sold on the 5000T, as the dial just doesn't look right to me and I love the rice-bead bracelet. That said, I can't say the 5000 is totally out, either. Primarily I'm looking at 1000T's, though, although like many others, I am a little concerned about the size. In my mind, my 750 GMT is the perfect size for my 7 1/4" wrist.

2. My first choice was the Pro, as I have no Doxa orange (except for the trim on my GMT). However, it's sold out and the Project Aware is a non-starter for me as logos rub me the wrong way. So which color? Almost all of my watches are black-dialed, as it seems to go with everything.

3. I am only looking for ONE right now. I know many helpful sorts will say "just get one of each," but it's not in the cards at the moment.

Wrist shots would be very helpful, but not the typical ones I see here. It doesn't do me much good to see a close-up of the watch on a wrist, where you can't see the hand and arm. I'd like to take in the whole look. Anyone have good shots like that? Also, I don't think I've ever seen a wrist shot of the 1000T Carib, except for the one Jason's wife wears. My wrist is, um, decidedly more masculine than hers.

This is a bit of a quandry for me. It seems like every time I have my mind made up, I start to lean in another direction and the decision process starts again.

So...that's the challenge. Dazzle me with pictures by all means, but help me make up my mind!
    // Rob

Re: Want to help me choose?

7.25 wrist.

Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

I have no Doxa orange" - You just said it yourself. Sub1000 Professional in orange!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Tracy View Post
    I have no Doxa orange" - You just said it yourself. Sub1000 Professional in orange!
    The used market is a possibility, but I was hoping to take advantage of the summer sale. The 1000T Pro is no longer available new.
    // Rob

Wait for a used 750T pro to pop up. I think you'll find the 1000T too small esp if you find your GMT perfect

Quote Originally Posted by rfjacques View Post
    The used market is a possibility, but I was hoping to take advantage of the summer sale. The 1000T Pro is no longer available new.
    But they are making more, right? Just preorder now at the sale price?

Quote Originally Posted by jlh2600 View Post
    But they are making more, right? Just preorder now at the sale price?
    I'm not sure if it is available for preorder anymore - you might want to ask Doxa directly. If you like it and you're willing to spend the extra $200, I would get the Project Aware version. It's normally $2390, so it's a great price at $1690.

I have a 750T Sharkie and I tried on my brother's 1000T Divingstar. It doesn't seem too much smaller (although it is a little taller than the 750) and I have a 7.25" wrist as well. It did seem like it was more comfortable than the 750 (I don't know how thats possible, I love how the 750 fits)

BTW - while I love the orange, I am thinking that I like the yellow a bit more. Its seems like its a little bit more of a everyday color.

John

Since you have a Sharky GMT, and are not wild about the 5000T or the 1000T, other than a Pro, and seem to want a more colorful dial, I suggest a Pro GMT.

It's orange, you know you will like it, since you have a sharky GMT, and you can buy orange and black rubber straps and use them on both of your Doxa Subs.

Black for dressier situations, or just for the heck of it, orange the rest of the time.

As far as GMTs go, I had 4 at one time, and liked them all, but my DS was my favorite, so maybe try a DS instead of a pro?
    Last edited by karwath; September 1st, 2009 at 00:43.

Quote Originally Posted by karwath View Post
    Since you have a Sharky GMT, and are not wild about the 5000T or the 1000T, other than a Pro, and seem to want a more colorful dial, I suggest a Pro GMT.
    This is the best suggestion of all...and I found one, too. Incoming! (Pics on arrival)
    // Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information