Warrenty info

Thread: Warrenty info

Question Warrenty info

Hello Doxa forum!! I'm considering purchasing an almost new Doxa and I was wondering if the warranty is transferable? TIA

************************************************** ************************************************** **************
    Reply by DOXA
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **************
    Hi and wlcome to the DOXA family. Yes the warranty is indeed transferable, and has always been since the re-editions started in 2001. With all the DOXAs changing hands when new models become available, it ought to be. The only difference is that the original owner enjoys free shipping in case or a warranty repair. The second owner will have to pay shipping.

DOXA S.A.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 11th, 2007 at 09:10.

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Re: Warrenty info

Hi Gregger,

Yes the warranty on a DOXA watch is transferable. Just email your personal information and the seriel number of the watch, and if possible the name of the previous owner to: [email protected]. We will then transfer the remainder of the warranty to the new owner.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; November 10th, 2007 at 17:36.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Andy, thank you on 3 fronts!

First, thanks for the useful information.

Second, thank you for signing your post by name, so we all know who replied!

Third, thank you for replying in a post rather than replying by editing the response into the original post!!!

Note to Doxa personnel: I mean no offense by suggesting responses be posted in a seperate reply post. It is simply that, when the reply is edited into the original post, it is easy for readers, especially the thread author who asked the question, to miss your response entirely.

Two reasons for this are, many of us who like to keep up on the forum will click the button to the left of a post, which will open the thread beginning only with unread responses. Edited responses above will not be opened.

Second reason is, the post will not even be highlighted as unread or move up in order with a simple edit as it would with a new response, leading many to not realize there is anything new there and skip it entirely.

If you must continue the habit of responding by editing into the post, perhaps one additional step could be taken to ensure the response is seen by writer. Simply add a response at the bottom of the thread saying "see reply above" or something similar?

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Hi Gregger,

Yes the warranty on a DOXA watch is transferable. Just email your personal information and the seriel number of the watch, and if possible the name of the previous owner to: [email protected]. We will then transfer the remainder of the warranty to the new owner.

Cheers,
    Andy
    This is the first time I've read that we need to advise Doxa of transfers for warranty purposes. Is this a new policy?

I recall another thread some time back about suggesting Doxa track ownership and the unofficial verdict was that it would be too daunting of a task for any company to manage.
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Chronomat
    Casio G-Shock G-2300
    Doxa GMT SUB750T Sharkhuner
    Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Professional
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hi Longhorn,

This nothing new, we have been doing it this way for a long time. It just happens that usually a customer will ask me about it via email or over the phone, so I thought by posting it on the forum it would reach more of you guys out there in one shot

Cheers,
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA Forum Administrator 1 View Post
    Hi Longhorn,

This nothing new, we have been doing it this way for a long time. It just happens that usually a customer will ask me about it via email or over the phone, so I thought by posting it on the forum it would reach more of you guys out there in one shot

Cheers,
    Andy

Thank you Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Andy, thank you on 3 fronts!

First, thanks for the useful information.

Second, thank you for signing your post by name, so we all know who replied!

Third, thank you for replying in a post rather than replying by editing the response into the original post!!!

Note to Doxa personnel: I mean no offense by suggesting responses be posted in a seperate reply post. It is simply that, when the reply is edited into the original post, it is easy for readers, especially the thread author who asked the question, to miss your response entirely.

Two reasons for this are, many of us who like to keep up on the forum will click the button to the left of a post, which will open the thread beginning only with unread responses. Edited responses above will not be opened.

Second reason is, the post will not even be highlighted as unread or move up in order with a simple edit as it would with a new response, leading many to not realize there is anything new there and skip it entirely.

If you must continue the habit of responding by editing into the post, perhaps one additional step could be taken to ensure the response is seen by writer. Simply add a response at the bottom of the thread saying "see reply above" or something similar?

Thanks in advance for your consideration!
    Some excellent points made here T Bone. I will make it a point to start making a special notation for the posts that have been edited by rick or other Doxa staff
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Thanks Andy, glad to hear Doxa is on top of these.
    Breitling Avenger Skyland
    Breitling Chronomat
    Casio G-Shock G-2300
    Doxa GMT SUB750T Sharkhuner
    Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Professional
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Zenith Rainbow El Primero

Does buying a pre-used watch give the new owner the privellege of the discounted returning customer prices if buying new from Doxa?

Thanks,
    andy

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by andytyc View Post
    Does buying a pre-used watch give the new owner the privellege of the discounted returning customer prices if buying new from Doxa?

Thanks,
    andy
    Hi Andy, thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. Sorry, but only a customer who purchased any item directly from DOXA, is a, to DOXA, a returning customer

DOXA S.A.

Thread Information