Watces vs. handbags, shoes, new outfits, new colors inhouse

Thread: Watces vs. handbags, shoes, new outfits, new colors inhouse

Watces vs. handbags, shoes, new outfits, new colors inhouse

OK this is a vast spectrum and I apologize. I have more and I have less Doxa's than some members on the forum and recognize the economic profile of each member.

knowing that my spouse and other spouses buy said things as titled at a frequent base does anyone one get guilty when a new watch comes out and you want to buy it? And if so please tell me your justification/ angle for ordering it.

Starting out and buying a quality automatic watch for the first time I thought I would buy one and wear it out and get another. Wrong, i now find myself an addict and want to buy the next one that I don't have.

So after the nymph that I ordered for wife ( justification ) and now searambler whats next?

Am I hopeless, or will it stop?

Tell me you great watch guys and girls how do you do rotation?

Note i've had to many Captn and cokes and ned help.

Ray

Re: Watces vs. handbags, shoes, new outfits, new colors inhouse

Hi Ray, human nature I figure, I have gone through the same thing. Have had so many different watches, none over 3K, and some as low as $39.50. I have had 47 by now, but down to 5 at this time.
    It is an addiction, and at times I get sick of it, and realize that I don't need all those watches. Some I had to have to experience them. Started out with all German watches in origin, U1, Rasmus, Stowa,UTS ,Sinn etc..... then added Citizens- the rarer Mission Antarticas ( had 3), moved on to Seikos, and had the fun of having many plus the rare 40th Anniversary Titanium Ed. Tried a few Russian, a few of the Orients, Certina ,Oris,Ocean 7, Orsa,Zinex, Omega,Marathon ,Accutron,Zeno, Luminox,Bernhardt, and a few military, a few G shocks, and many others, but of course Doxa- which started it all. Yep Clive Cussler, I blame it on him and Dirk Pitt. I kept envisioning the orange dial diver, so with many I have not mentioned I am more at peace now, and enjoy the ones I have kept, and like to have a couple of fun quartzs around.
    This one from my better half on a camping trip we did, she said hey you need a "Beater" and I know your favorite colour is Orange ............
    As for rotation, I look in the watch box, and the mood dictates that. Sometimes I wear just one for weeks then want a change. Right now it is the 1000T pro everyday.
    All the best
    Regards
    Robt

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    OK this is a vast spectrum and I apologize. I have more and I have less Doxa's than some members on the forum and recognize the economic profile of each member.

knowing that my spouse and other spouses buy said things as titled at a frequent base does anyone one get guilty when a new watch comes out and you want to buy it? And if so please tell me your justification/ angle for ordering it.

Starting out and buying a quality automatic watch for the first time I thought I would buy one and wear it out and get another. Wrong, i now find myself an addict and want to buy the next one that I don't have.

So after the nymph that I ordered for wife ( justification ) and now searambler whats next?

Am I hopeless, or will it stop?

Tell me you great watch guys and girls how do you do rotation?

Note i've had to many Captn and cokes and ned help.

Ray
    Last edited by NSG1Tausend; August 7th, 2009 at 09:37.
    " For watches there's always TIME "

I was asked what the time was that was on my watch ?
    Does anybody really know what time it is ?
    Does anybody really care ?
    If so I can't imagine why..........
    I do, I do, I do care about time.
    (Thanks R Lamm)

Here is how I justify it... first, like Robt above, it has become a hobby for me, I enjoy to buy, experience, and sell watches. I've owned over 200 in under 4 years, but only have 8 currently. I'm also lucky to say that my watch hobby has made me money over these 4 years. I buy watches when I see good opportunities, I refinish them (professional level refinishing) and sell them in better condition than I bought them. So my hobby is guilt free. Also, watches, if bought second hand, and cared for, will hold their value, and even appreciate, depending on the market. Buying preowned watches right now is at an all-time low, so you are almost guaranteed to see higher prices in the months/years to come.

Shoes, paint, cosmetics, fancy shampoos, clothes... that money is gone, never to be seen again. There is no resale value on half used shampoo bottles. I can go under my wifes sink at any given time and probably tally up several hundred dollars in unused products. I can go into her closet and add up another several thousand dollars in clothes that don't get worn, some with the tags still attached. So right there, my wife has been silenced. I don't go boozing with teh boys on a weekly basis, I don't golf, gamble or smoke... I enjoy watches, cycling, photography... guilt free :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Will it stop...NO! But why should it. It is so much fun to learn the hobby. I started out a SHOPNBC junkie buying tons of watches on Value Pays. I only have one Invicta left. I've learned about movements, quality brands etc. I keep a nice spreadsheet of my activities...I own just over 30 watches but sold 100+.

The contract I keep with my wife keep me in check. No CC purchases for watches increasing debt. If a watch comes in...the dollar value is sold or traded to the equal value. I just brought in a Breitling...I had to sell 5 watches to create equal value. I have held to the contract and the nagging had subsided tremendously!

Among Addictions...None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

1. It's an addiction, so you are sunk

2. Hanging around a bunch of other addicts will not help

3. You justify it by telling the Skirt you are getting a new watch

4. See #1
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

Quote Originally Posted by scm64 View Post
    1. It's an addiction, so you are sunk

2. Hanging around a bunch of other addicts will not help

3. You justify it by telling the Skirt you are getting a new watch

4. See #1

If my "Skirt" finds this thread.

I won't be going Cold Turkey, I will be a dead Turkey heading for the Bar-b-que! with flames buring high!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Tonyh; August 15th, 2009 at 22:24.

I'm lucky, CINC House and I share several hobbies and one of them are Swiss watches. I guess she figured if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Thread Information