The Stealth Monster
This is probably the watch that took on the most transitions. The design evolved and was influenced by several customers requests for coating work. Not wanting another all black watch the bezel and crown are coated with a color called Sniper Gray and the case and back are finished in Graphite Black ceramic. The case back has the tsunami icon highlighter to the SS finish. The bezel indexes are enameled in black to add to the stealth look. The pip has a blue-green extra helping of high intensity lume. The dial is standard Orange Monster framed with a Black Monster chapter ring. The hands are C3 Plongeur type in a black and orange color scheme. For every day wear the watch is on a Maratac Elite composite strap in all black or can be switched to the all black zulu. For diving and to add a splash of color a orange strapped for time rubber dive strap is also part of the deal. In the hopes that it helps drive the sales on these I'm going to show for the first time to the public the two color engraved and hand enameled rotor that were done on all the Seiko Auction watches. You really have to see it in person to appreciate how good it really looks and that is left to the winners of the 4 Seiko watches. The pink ribbon is the symbol of the charity we are supporting and even getting permission to use it was a great deal of work by various team members. There is around $350 worth of modifications and parts in this watch not including the core watch itself. Here are some pictures starting with the picture of the rotor, so get ready to start bidding Friday (August 7th) at noon.
Lume shot.AUCTION RULES:
In the interest of avoiding eBay’s onerous fees and rules, and collecting and donating the largest amount possible to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, The auction will be handled in the following manner:
1. The silent auction will run for 5-7 days and be listed list it in WUS, SCWF, PMWF and AWF. We will create a post including picture descriptions (Fully compliant to the forum rules), who the money will be going to, starting price for the piece that is going up for bid (One per week),
2. Each auction will be listed with a starting price with the understanding with the understating that PayPal fees and shipping to be calculated and added to the winning bid and send via a PayPal invoice.
3. Bids will be placed by e-mail to a dedicated email account which you will all have access to. All bidders will receive a “bid received” notice no later than 8am EST the following day.
4. At a set time (12pm EST) each day the highest bid amount and leader will be posted in a bump message to the thread.
5. At 12pm EST on the final day of each auction all bids are final and will only accept final e-mail bids with a time stamp prior to 12pm. Those last few bids will receive a confirmation of receipt and those that came later will be notified that they were too late.
6. If there is a tie in high bids the time stamp will be used to determine the first to place the high bid.
7. A post will be made to the forums with a spreadsheet showing the bid history and the final wining bidder the following day.
8. We will generate a PayPal invoice per the auction guidelines and send it to the winner. Upon cleared payment I will ship the watch to the winner.Please see the following link for the full text of the auction rules, a schedule of all the auctions, and pictures of all the watches being auctioned:
Watching for the Cure Auction Rules and Dates