"wearing" size vs. other large case watches

Thread: "wearing" size vs. other large case watches

"wearing" size vs. other large case watches

I've read Dr Petes comparisons of DOXA vs. other large dive watches (Rolex, Breitling, Omega, Seiko), and am interested to hear about any other comparisons to other large bodied watches. Looking at the 44mm Paneria Luminors and plan to visit an AD next week, but appreciate any thoughs on how these or other large face watches wear on a daily basis. The 750T and vintage amazed me at how wearable they were due to the balance and comfort, even though the head volume is significantly more that anything I had been wearing.

Unitl the DOXAs, my watch collection consisted of mostly medium size watch heads. After the last month with the DOXAs, my opinions have changd, so I'm revisiting some watches I'd previously discounted due to size alone.

Thanks for any input on watches you own/have owned/tried for any extended period.

twylie

Re: "wearing" size vs. other large case watches

Hey, to your question the Pams are very comfortable when worn with good fitting leather straps. Do try them out when you're at the AD to get a feel of the different models. The automatics sit taller than the historic manual versions. For me I find them best when worn snug as best comfort is achieved with the watch positioned directly atop the flat of the wrist.

here are comparison shots of the 44mm Pam90 and Military Sharkhunter on my 7.25" wrist.

Pam90:

Military Sharkhunter

Looking at Joukowski's pics, I think I have similar sized wrist like him which is why I just couldn't wear the 750T I had. Everytime I looked at it, I felt silly, BUT thats just me. Some people have absolutly no problem with large sized watches.

The Pam at 44mm would be about the absolute limit for me. I still find 40 ~ 42 mm watches the ideal size for nearly everyone.

Now, the Doxa 600T, that was perfect! Come on Doxa, bring it back. Polished bracelet and all!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hakim View Post
    Looking at Joukowski's pics, I think I have similar sized wrist like him which is why I just couldn't wear the 750T I had. Everytime I looked at it, I felt silly, BUT thats just me. Some people have absolutly no problem with large sized watches.

The Pam at 44mm would be about the absolute limit for me. I still find 40 ~ 42 mm watches the ideal size for nearly everyone.

Now, the Doxa 600T, that was perfect! Come on Doxa, bring it back. Polished bracelet and all!

lol - naaah it's just you. Hey, my 42mm SMP feels too small now, just look at this pic:

Now, this other wrist shot looks just right at home on my 7.25" wrist & feels so much more substantial.

Great pictures and exactly what I was looking for; My wrist is a shade larger than yours and the 750T wears great for me. Thanks again for the pictures; that's a great looking 90! If I decide to dip into the Panerai waters, I'm torn between the autos with some complications (yours would be high on the list), and the simplicity of the base with the sandwich dial.

cheers!

twylie

Quote Originally Posted by Joukowski View Post
    lol - naaah it's just you. Hey, my 42mm SMP feels too small now, just look at this pic:

Now, this other wrist shot looks just right at home on my 7.25" wrist & feels so much more substantial.
    Great to see someone actually using these expensive watches during work, not just safe queens!
    Breitling: Avenger Chrono, Navitimer
    Marathon: TSAR
    Rolex: GMT Master "Pepsi", Yachtmaster, GMT Master Ceramic, Submariner, Sub 5513, Sea Dweller, Explorer II, Daytona
    Seiko MarineMaster, Tunacan
    Tudor: Heritage
    Doxa: Sub 1200T

Why, of course I wear them to work.... some one here told me they were tool watches....

Oh - and my wrist = 6.25" (oops!!!) I think watches should be seen in perspective to the person's body in proportion to size, I'm 5'10" & 95kg so I'm not thin or small & I have very big paws, just got small arse wrist. So everything doesn't look too out of place when viewing back from the mirror, to me anyhow.

Hey, & I picked up so many scratches on my first day of ownership of the SMP many years ago that I made myself a deal: that I'll allow me to wear & enjoy my watches at work & play, if I'm not worried about scratching them.

Last edited by Joukowski; July 18th, 2007 at 01:17.

Thread Information