Weekend Doxa sightings!

Thread: Weekend Doxa sightings!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laughing Weekend Doxa sightings!

This may be a bit of an odd post but here it goes anyway! I was traveling for business the last few days, leaving my home in CLE I spotted a gent wearing a 300T reissue, I thought wow other than my own Doxas, I have never seen anyone else wear one. Two days later I was in a bar in Ponce Inlet Florida south of Daytona Beach and a chap wearing a 750T sat down at the table next to me! unprecedented! In a slightly "buzzed" state I said hello, forgetting to introduce myself but complimenting on the clear good taste Doxa owners have! So Whoever you guys are drop me a note to say hello, looks like the world is becoming smaller and smaller! So heres a quick pole, how many members have run into other doxa owners?

Re: Weekend Doxa sightings!

Never. Scottie and I bought Doxas at the same time and we work together. I have never seen one out and about........I am always looking though..............
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Mine (the Pro) was spotted in a local watering hole by a friend of Searambler's. Didn't say anything to me, but told him of seeing a watch like his (but orange, remember, Paul doesn't have a Pro).

I'm sure he initially though Seiko, but if I recall, he said the guy was really emphatic it was "like his". He then thought to ask here if it was me. We then arranged to meet there some time later, where I got to see his vintage, his Caribbean, 600T Divingstar and IIRC, a 750T Searambler. (No Deco though!) I took my three at the time, 750T Pro, Sharkie and Divingstar GMT. I think the girls at the bar thought we were nuts! (First time I've kept my eyes off a certain pair of mamory glands in a long time ).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I can say that i have never seen one out and about neither. And, like Jason I am always looking.
    Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by twostirish222 View Post
    I can say that i have never seen one out and about neither. And, like Jason I am always looking.

Same here.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I thought I saw a guy wearing a Sharkie on a Bund once. I was sitting in a restaurant and this guy walked by my table on his way out. As I came up for air from my bowl of gumbo, I glanced at his wrist and thought I saw it. The gumbo was too good for me to get up and chase the guy down, so I just left it at that.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

I saw a guy in the hospital where I work wearing a Doxa Military Sharkhunter on the elevator. Didn't get his name, but it was in Boston...

The only other one I've seen is my boss's, and I got that one for him

Chris
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by siddhartha View Post

The only other one I've seen is my boss's, and I got that one for him

Chris
    You wanna come work for me?
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    The gumbo was too good for me to get up and chase the guy down, so I just left it at that.
    A man after my own heart
    Alasdair

I saw an orange Citizen on a fishing boat last night, but never a Doxa.
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information