Weight difference between 750T & 1000T

Thread: Weight difference between 750T & 1000T

I am a relatively new Doxa owner having bought my first and second Doxas within the past two months. I have a 750T Pro and a 1000T Divingstar. I used Dr. Peter Miller's watch reviews to help make my buying decisions and they were a tremendous help. However, now that I have both the 750T and the 1000T I've found that the 750T is much heavier than Dr. Miller's reviews.

The best review comparing the 300T Reissue, 600T, 750T, and the 1000T is the one that Dr. Miller did on the 1000T Professional. It gave really good pics and charts on all these watches in addition to the Rolex SD and the Omega SMP.

Anyway, after handling and wearing my 750T for a while I began to think it weighed much more than the 163 grams in Dr. Miller's review which is only 3 grams more than the 160 grams he reports for the 1000T. Since I also have an Omega 2254.50 Pro, I weighed all three watches with their standard bracelets.

SMP = 160 grams (Dr. Miller review = 157)
    Doxa 1000T = 166 grams (Dr. Miller review = 160)
    Doxa 750T = 180 grams (Dr. Miller review = 163)

The fact that my wrist is about 7 1/2 " vs. Dr. Miller's 6 3/4" accounts for the increased weight of the first two watches but the 750T is a much heavier watch than 163 grams for sure. My intent with this post isn't in any way to discredit Dr. Miller's reviews. On the contrary, I consider them the benchmark for any Doxa buyer. I just wanted to set the record straight on the weight of the 750T Pro. It's a much heavier watch than might be gathered from the weight stated in the review.

That said, I'm enjoying being a new Doxa owner very much and am looking forward to my next one. Perhaps a Caribbean.

Best Regards,
    Ray K

Re: Weight difference between 750T & 1000T

Ray, thanks very much for the weight info. I don't have a scale at home so i used a postal scale in work and the weights just didn't seem right. I then went to Sears and tried a kitchen scale but it was pretty crap too. So my estimates were based on what I got from the 2 readings and previous readings about 2 years ago using an electronic scale my mate had. I should buy a wee electronic scale and do thew whole lot over again.

Thanks

Pete

PS you just shamed me into going to ebay and buying a digital scale good to 600 grams
    Last edited by Flyingdoctor; December 23rd, 2007 at 06:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post

PS you just shamed me into going to ebay and buying a digital scale good to 600 grams
    That's exactly where I got mine. I use it all the time. Have fun.
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ray K View Post
    That's exactly where I got mine. I use it all the time. Have fun.
    Oh I will I'll pull all the Doxas apart and do an exact measurement of all the heads and bracelets etc etc. Statistics to die for

Pete

I have a scale that measures ounces and they're both so close that I don't really think it makes a difference. The 750 is a hair over 6 oz. and the 1000 is a hair under. 10 or 16 grams amounts to about the weight of two quarters.

Joe
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

Hello Ray

Hey, when we get lunch, bring the scale, and I'll bring the 750T with the GMT bracelet and all of the links; I'll bet it'll easily go over 200 grams .....

Cheers!
    Bill

PS My wife read this over my shoulder, and is now shaking her head slowly ....
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Thread Information