What to buy, what to buy?

Thread: What to buy, what to buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

What to buy, what to buy?

Guys,

I'm in the market for a new watch and am considering a Doxa. During the seventies, I was an active diver and have been longing for a Doxa since that time. Now, I'm looking for my first higher end piece. I've been drawn to the Doxa 1000T, the Sinn U1 and the UTS 1000 meter piece. Any of these three would represent a MAJOR outlay for me. I realize all are fine watches and was hoping you guys could tell me what makes the Doxa the way to go.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Mr. Bill

Re: What to buy, what to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Willieboy View Post
    Guys,

I'm in the market for a new watch and am considering a Doxa. During the seventies, I was an active diver and have been longing for a Doxa since that time. Now, I'm looking for my first higher end piece. I've been drawn to the Doxa 1000T, the Sinn U1 and the UTS 1000 meter piece. Any of these three would represent a MAJOR outlay for me. I realize all are fine watches and was hoping you guys could tell me what makes the Doxa the way to go.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Mr Bill ... you are right they are all fine watches. To answer your question ...
    1. " During the seventies, I was an active diver and have been longing for a Doxa since that time." Seems to me that pretty much covers the reason, or do you want to wait another 30 years? Just askin'

2. Just look at the history of the Doxa Sub ... it doesn't get any better than that!

3. Hell if the watch is good enough for "Dirk Pitt" it is good enough for me!

4. Gee ... how many Doxa's have you seen in the wild ... they're kinda special, and I love that about them.

5. Cost ... more bang for the buck? You're call on that one but they sure seem to keep their value.

I'm sure that there are many more reasons .... But really I think #1 covers it ... if you have wanted one for 30 years and now you can get one ... seems like a no brainer to me. But I love Doxa's
    John M.

John nailed it. If you get anything BUT a Doxa, you're going to regret it. After all these years of wanting one, it's time the itch gets scratched.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

750T

1200T

1000T

1000T PA

Need any more convincing?

First, go here: www.divingwithlegends.com

Then go here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=390982

But you better go fast because they're going fast....

I'm not going to be biased!
    Hard to pass on that UTS even on the Sinn U1. Both are great watches.
    Deep down you probably know which one you really want. Since you made the thread on the Doxa forum you knew most votes would go for the Doxa. Maybe that's what you want to hear to feel more secure on your purchase because you know the 2 other watches are great also.
    If you would post on the Sinn forum most votes would go for the Sinn. If you would post the the Dive forum UTS would have the advantage.
    Since you already got your list you should take a look at each one of them with out thinking about the price and specs, and try to figure it out which one you would like more to see it on your wrist.

Month ago I had pretty much the same list and ended up with a 1200t pro. Why I got the Doxa? Because I have been craving for an orange Doxa for months. I knew I really, really wanted one and no matter what other watch I could get I would still be craving for the Doxa. Then I don't know when would be the next time I could afford one.
    Similar to your story but you have been looking for one for 30 years lol

*Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help.

Regarding waiting thirty years, it hasn't been so bad. I've been looking for a pocket knife I lost fifty years ago.
    Mr. Bill

HI, Mr. Bill
    From the way you talk you have to go Old School all the way. I think any of the Doxa's would be good for you. My 1st was a Sub 750 Sharkie, then a Sub 750 Pro. My most recent 8/09 was a Sub 600T Pro, my most recent gets all the wrist time now (my other two are on a winder for now) I have a small wrist 6.5 and the 600 is a super fit and to me it just glows of old school. I love everything about it is nice and compact for me.
    Ed

To me the 1000 is THE Perfect Doxa diver ...

LOVE the size of my Sharkhunter. I don't think you can go wrong with this one in any color -Ronbo

Sinn dive watches are some mighty fine instruments. But Doxa is not only Swiss, but very cool in that industrial way.
    The silent world awaits.

Doxa 5000T Professional, 5000T Caribbean, 1000T Divingstar COSC, 4000T Sapphire Pro

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information