What is this Doxa?

Thread: What is this Doxa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What is this Doxa?

Just saw this on the bay and it looks like it may be a lady's size. Can anyone tell me about it? Is it worth $1000? Looks like the bracelet is a version of the vintage Sub300. Here's the auction link.

Last edited by Searambler; December 23rd, 2007 at 23:37. Reason: Per WUS rules, deleted live auction link (but added pic)
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Re: What is this Doxa?

Page 251 in the Book, Ray. Possibly one of the last Doxa SUBs made in the 1980s before SUB production stopped.

Pete

DOXA forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ray K View Post
    Just saw this on the bay and it looks like it may be a lady's size. Can anyone tell me about it? Is it worth $1000? Looks like the bracelet is a version of the vintage Sub300. Here's the auction link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/90s-RARE-DOXA-SU...QQcmdZViewItem

Hi, this is one of the last DOXA SUBs made in the late Eighties, it is authentic and IMO, has one of the nicest looking (non no decompression tabel) bezels

DOXA S.A.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    Page 251 in the Book, Ray. Possibly one of the last Doxa SUBs made in the 1980s before SUB production stopped.
    Pete
    Thanks, Pete. How does this one compare to, let's say, the 600T? Is it similiar in size? Also, is the bracelet, by chance, the same as the one on the original 300Ts? I may bid on it for my wife.
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Thanks, Pete. How does this one compare to, let's say, the 600T? Is it similar in size? Also, is the bracelet, by chance, the same as the one on the original 300Ts? I may bid on it for my wife.
    I've never had one in my hands, Ray so I can't be 100% sure but an educated guess would say that it is the same size as the Aubry 600T. The bracelet is bigger and heavier than the original 300T. The clasp is heavier and the ratcheting mechanism is sturdier. Page 11 and 17 of the book shows the clasp differences.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Peter Millar View Post
    I've never had one in my hands, Ray so I can't be 100% sure but an educated guess would say that it is the same size as the Aubry 600T. The bracelet is bigger and heavier than the original 300T. The clasp is heavier and the ratcheting mechanism is sturdier. Page 11 and 17 of the book shows the clasp differences.
    Pete
    Hmmm, looks like I need to pick up a copy of your book. Now, you're costing me money. Touche!
    Best Regards,
    Ray K

Hmmm, looks like I need to pick up a copy of your book. Now, you're costing me money. Touche!
    Sorry, for some reason I thought you had it. I've sent a couple out to several Rays. I just assumed you were one of them.

Hanging out in the Doxa forum is generally bad for your financial health

Pete

No idea if it worth $1000 as an investment, but (to me) a masterpiece of it's time; regardless of what's inside. You only have to watch it :))
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Rayk,
    This is a pretty big watch. I have had a couple of Aubrey era 600T's and they are as big or bigger than the old 300T's and thicker. Very nice watches but certainly not a ladies size like the Coralline.
    Arthur

Merry Christmas
    Divers - Pre Sub Doxa 300m Dive Watch - Doxa Sub 300T Professional US Divers - Orthos 300 Commander - H2O Bronze Diver
    Others-- IWC Calatrava - Maurice Lacroix Calendrier Retrograde - Ulysses Nardin +/- GMT
    Apple Watch 5

Myla's Favorite's Doxa Sub 200 Coralline, Omega Seamaster 120 - Rolex Datejust 18k/SS - Chronosport Panther - Maurice Lacroix - Omega 14k Mesh - Tag Heuer TT Aquaracer

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

I agree with Rick on the bezel, very nice looking.

As to the book costing you money? If you intend to buy any vintage SUBS, chances are it will SAVE you MANY times it's price by making you a MUCH more educated collector. Plus, it's just plain fantastic!
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information