What is the production rate /time of, for 1200 / 1200T's if release was 2009?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What is the production rate /time of, for 1200 / 1200T's if release was 2009?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I need a little help here please. I'm really coming to the notion that I want a 1200T Searambler. There has been a brief cycle of pre loved 1200t's on the sales forums. They are sourced in different years since release, going back to the original release in 2009. They all seem to average $1300, and that seems to be what buyers hope to find.

I definitley would love to save money by buying a pre loved model saving $500.+ vs new, as I know buying new, the watch would immediately be worth $1300.00

So my question is were all the 1200T's made at once in 2009? Or are they made in batches as inventory decreases over the years? Is there any difference from a Doxa 1200T Searambler bought in 2009 vs buying one today, or even 2011?

Has lume application improved over production time. Has clasp changed? I see they all feature the heavier GMT bracelet from the sales I've seen.

The only benefit from buying new is the 2 year warranty as far as I can tell.

Can anyone tell me it's OK to buy a pre-loved Doxa 1200T and be getting the same watch , as I would if I bought new?

Thanks very much for your feedback and explanation!

RD

Re: What is the production rate /time of, for 1200 / 1200T's if release was 2009?

Let me preface this by saying that there are a lot of guys who know more than I do about DOXA, but...:

Searamblers seem to range from $1200-1400, and to my knowledge were all produced in one run. Bracelet is the same from start to finish (eg. No upgraded clasp).

It's a great watch and the silver dial is (IMHO) the most versatile of the bunch.

I got mine a few months ago and it's been a staple in the collection ever since.

-T
    Vincent Kolakowski likes this.

Re: What is the production rate /time of, for 1200 / 1200T's if release was 2009?

Thanks very much! Beautiful photo! What year is your warranty card stamped? Is the lume on the dwarf hr hand legible as well as overall lume visible through the night?

Again, thank you very very much!

RD

Quote Originally Posted by tfinnan View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that there are a lot of guys who know more than I do about DOXA, but...:

Searamblers seem to range from $1200-1400, and to my knowledge were all produced in one run. Bracelet is the same from start to finish (eg. No upgraded clasp).

It's a great watch and the silver dial is (IMHO) the most versatile of the bunch.

I got mine a few months ago and it's been a staple in the collection ever since.

-T

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post
    Thanks very much! Beautiful photo! What year is your warranty card stamped? Is the lume on the dwarf hr hand legible as well as overall lume visible through the night?

Again, thank you very very much!

RD
    My warranty card is handwritten with a 2009 date (a specific day/date at that). My production # is under 35.

Lume is consistent on both hands, and lasts pretty well - attached is a lume shot...

...and a bonus photo, just because I could.

-T
    Last edited by tfinnan; August 28th, 2013 at 03:54.
    Riddim Driven likes this.

^^^ Wow! PM SENT ;)

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

DOXA typically runs watches in batches. They've done this with the other model Subs, so I don't see why they'd do it any differently with the 1200T. That's one of the advantages to buying a new one, is that it's ready to go right out of the tube, and wouldn't need a service. If you bought one from 2009, you're at the five year service mark, so plan to spend a couple hundred $$ to have the watch completely gone through. Since DOXA's hold their value pretty well, by the time you have a used piece serviced, you're not that far off from buying a brand new one. A new one that's free of any scratches, and every ding and scratch that you put on it, are memories all your own. I just bought a 1200T blue NUMA a couple of weeks ago, brand new, and I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by subkrawler; August 28th, 2013 at 09:13. Reason: typo
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Riddim Driven View Post

So my question is were all the 1200T's made at once in 2009? Or are they made in batches as inventory decreases over the years? Is there any difference from a Doxa 1200T Searambler bought in 2009 vs buying one today, or even 2011?

RD
    Hi, all DOXA SUB models are manufactured on batches of 100 Pcs. upon demand, no DOXA stays in stock for longer than 6 months. While $1300.00 is a good saving, some watches will probably need service sooner or alter, which could add up somewhere between $250.00 and $450.00 for general service including parts to the price soon, apart from case and bracelet blemishes. So at the end of the day it is a tough choice to make. If you decide to go with a pre-loved DOXA SUB, Buy from trusted sellers or members only, ask if the watch has been serviced, how it was used, and whether the owner has a wind winder. The best used pieces are those you get from collectors with many watches on rotation and preferably those who own watch winders.
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; August 28th, 2013 at 09:17.

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post
    Hi, all DOXA SUB models are manufactured on batches of 100 Pcs. upon demand, no DOXA stays in stock for longer than 6 months. While $1300.00 is a good saving, some watches will probably need service sooner or alter, which could add up somewhere between $250.00 and $450.00 for general service including parts to the price soon, apart from case and bracelet blemishes. So at the end of the day it is a tough choice to make. If you decide to go with a pre-loved DOXA SUB, Buy from trusted sellers or members only, ask if the watch has been serviced, how it was used, and whether the owner has a wind winder. The best used pieces are those you get from collectors with many watches on rotation and preferably those who own watch winders.
    Thanks for the clarification. That's good information.

Moral: When in doubt, ask the mod.

-T

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    DOXA typically runs watches in batches. They've done this with the other model Subs, so I don't see why they'd do it any differently with the 1200T. That's one of the advantages to buying a new one, is that it's ready to go right out of the tube, and wouldn't need a service. If you bought one from 2009, you're at the five year service mark, so plan to spend a couple hundred $$ to have the watch completely gone through. Since DOXA's hold their value pretty well, by the time you have a used piece serviced, you're not that far off from buying a brand new one. A new one that's free of any scratches, and every ding and scratch that you put on it, are memories all your own. I just bought a 1200T blue NUMA a couple of weeks ago, brand new, and I couldn't be happier.

Thanks very much! Yes, I have weighed the options and considered this aspect of buying new. Still not easy

Cheers

RD

Quote Originally Posted by DOXA S.A. View Post

This is most helpful! I couldn't see 1200 watches sitting on a shelf for years As mentioned to subkrawler, I totally get the 2 scenarios. I've been wrestling with it quite hard Regarding service, it is very disconcerting the costs variance, as well as the recent disappointment a recent post discussed. Bit of a crap shoot. More reason to buy new I suppose.

That said, I'm inclined to buy pre-owned to try it out. As wonderful as the watch appears in photos, and the marvelous reputation from owners satisfaction, it's in grail territory for me. I will admit I am a flipper, but should I go for the 1200T I sure would like it to be a keeper, at least for a good while.

Regardless. Thanks very much for explaining the manufacturing method by the numbers. Really appreciate your response and has provided food for thought.

Best!

RD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information