What's next for the DOXA SUB?

Thread: What's next for the DOXA SUB?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Smile What's next for the DOXA SUB?

In the past 18 months there have been quite a few developments in the DOXA Fleet:
    the 1000T, the 5000T and the 40th Anniversary T-Graph. And with all of the new models, one SUB is set to be "decommissioned" - the 750T. And we mean decommissioned in the best possible way - it will have completely sold out!

So given what we have now, and what has come before, what are you looking for in your next DOXA?

Some categories to "generate and add substance to the discussion"

Case -

Size -

Luminosity -

Bracelet -

This is not a poll!!! But what would you be looking for?

The Inventors of Orange -

DOXA

Re: What's next for the DOXA SUB?

Nice question. It seems that over the years you doxa guys have covered a lot of bases as far as size,depth ratings,HRV, etc. I saw some liked a ti case. Take a look on the 07 forum. Mitch came out with a new LM-7 and used some sort of new upgraded lume and it looks phenominal. But If you really want to hit a home run use a combo of high quality lume and tubes. The initial burst from the sl and the tubes to take you through the night would be really nice. Obviously this is just my opinion and by no means does it make it right or wrong. Thanks for lending us your ear.

It's like being given the keys to the hypothetical sweet shop. What would I go for? What would tempt me to buying a sixth DOXA? I think...

1000T case
    5000T style bracelet
    meter marker on the bezel (dived in many places around the world, always used kit in meters)
    a blue box on the second hand like the old Seahunter 300T reissue.
    Maybe a logo on the dial, though avoid making it too busy/full like I think the 1000T COSC variety is.

There we go, should get the ball rolling.

Simon

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Hey there Skillet!

Those are some very interesting notions!

Titanium has been "bandied about" as a desired case material before.

Lume is an ongoing quest for everyone in the industry at this point, and the concept of "tubed lume" has been a great step forward.

Thanks for the feedback!

DOXA

Quote Originally Posted by skillet View Post
    Nice question. It seems that over the years you doxa guys have covered a lot of bases as far as size,depth ratings,HRV, etc. I saw some liked a ti case. Take a look on the 07 forum. Mitch came out with a new LM-7 and used some sort of new upgraded lume and it looks phenominal. But If you really want to hit a home run use a combo of high quality lume and tubes. The initial burst from the sl and the tubes to take you through the night would be really nice. Obviously this is just my opinion and by no means does it make it right or wrong. Thanks for lending us your ear.

DOXA Forum Moderator subkrawler's Avatar

I'd like to see a 1250T which is basically the marriage of a 5000T and a 750T. It would have black raised indices, black hands, traditional 750T dial layout(but bolder like on the 1000T), 5000T case, rice-bead bracelet with 5000T clasp, and no HRV.

Also, any chance we could get depth compensating expansion links(like on the original 300Ts), for those of us who actually dive their Subs?

**EDIT** I almost forgot...no micro-ticks, please.
    Last edited by subkrawler; October 2nd, 2008 at 18:01.
    "The most beautiful objects are those built for purpose. Few things are more thrilling than the unrestrained use of tools most have mistaken for luxuries" -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by subkrawler View Post
    I'd like to see a 1250T which is basically the marriage of a 5000T and a 750T. It would have black raised indices, black hands, traditional 750T dial layout(but bolder like on the 1000T), 5000T case, rice-bead bracelet with 5000T clasp, and no HRV.

Also, any chance we could get depth compensating expansion links(like on the original 300Ts), for those of us who actually dive their Subs?

**EDIT** I almost forgot...no micro-ticks, please.
    Bingo! This is my dream watch... Subkrawler read my mind and hit every point.

5000T case
    Flat crystal
    Classic orange dial with black indices (aka Pete Atwood's modded 5000T)
    Black hands (return of the orange hand for the sharkhunter)
    Nix the combination brushed/polished finish - make it all bead blasted
    Modify the 5000T bracelet clasp to include a microadjust - since the "12 o'clock" has the ratcheting portion, I suggest the microadjust be added to the "6 o'clock" of the bracelet.
    Pretty hard for me to complain about the C3 SL lume, which I much prefer over tubes. Tubes just don't "pop" as much and feel almost "quartz-like" to me in their "dependability."
    Lots of dive watches.

How about a rubber strap for the 5000T?

Please?

.:thanks
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

I sincerely hope that Doxa will ALWAYS have a classic sub, like the 1000 or 750 in the line up, so that this iconic diver will not just fade away.

I'd hate to see Doxa go the way of Rolex and throw its history away.
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

as mentioned in another post, i'd love to see a 1000T Searambler with orange minute hand and box. with a 5000T bracelet.
    --AC

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information