When will Doxa Sub 200 130th be available?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: When will Doxa Sub 200 130th be available?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saw this article on Gear Patrol covering the new Doxa Sub 200 130th anniversary

https://gearpatrol.com/2019/03/23/do...selworld-2019/

Any ideas on when this'll be available?

Reply from the DOXA forum moderator
    Late 2019 early 2020
    Last edited by DOXA S.A.; March 29th, 2019 at 21:26.

Why don’t you go and ask Doxa directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: When will Doxa Sub 200 130th be available?

I'dl like to know more about it, spec wise. What is the case size? All I can find is it's 42mm in diameter, 20mm lugs. Where's case length and height?

As a dive watch company (we don't talk about "The Others"), Doxa's (Sub) web site has provided all the specs, down to details like the dial diameter. You'd expect nothing less from a company that made precision time pieces used by actual professional divers. Attention to detail: their lives depended on it.

I have held Doxa up a "gold standard" among watchmakers on this topic of detail and specs, and often cited Doxa's web site as what others should use as a guide.

This watch is not for sale yet, so hopefully we will see that same attention to detail when it's up for sale. But to omit basic details like case size from their media kits: not one mention in any article on complete specs.

I hope the "new management" recognizes this, and continues to provide full specs.

It is an interesting piece. Kinda grows on you, the more I look at it. And it does have history from a prior pre-sub Doxa. I like that style face and hands; looks like a Seiko 62MAS. But unlike just another homage, the Doxa has its own history. At the price point for the non-LE it competes well with Squale's 1521, another re-issue of an early diver.

The only negative is the case back on the LE. Would rather have seen the original vintage case back. That would have been the perfect touch. Classy. The stylized "130" is a detraction, as is the fish. Wish they'd loose the fish on all Doxa's: has zero to do with the brand.

Hopefully the non-LE does not have the same case back. No fish too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nepatriot View Post
    I'dl like to know more about it, spec wise. What is the case size? All I can find is it's 42mm in diameter, 20mm lugs. Where's case length and height?

As a dive watch company (we don't talk about "The Others"), Doxa's (Sub) web site has provided all the specs, down to details like the dial diameter. You'd expect nothing less from a company that made precision time pieces used by actual professional divers. Attention to detail: their lives depended on it.

I have held Doxa up a "gold standard" among watchmakers on this topic of detail and specs, and often cited Doxa's web site as what others should use as a guide.

This watch is not for sale yet, so hopefully we will see that same attention to detail when it's up for sale. But to omit basic details like case size from their media kits: not one mention in any article on complete specs.

I hope the "new management" recognizes this, and continues to provide full specs.

It is an interesting piece. Kinda grows on you, the more I look at it. And it does have history from a prior pre-sub Doxa. I like that style face and hands; looks like a Seiko 62MAS. But unlike just another homage, the Doxa has its own history. At the price point for the non-LE it competes well with Squale's 1521, another re-issue of an early diver.

The only negative is the case back on the LE. Would rather have seen the original vintage case back. That would have been the perfect touch. Classy. The stylized "130" is a detraction, as is the fish. Wish they'd loose the fish on all Doxa's: has zero to do with the brand.

Hopefully the non-LE does not have the same case back. No fish too.
    Well... there are no official specs as of yet because the watch is not officially released yet. Regarding the fish logo, you do realize it's the logo of the Jenny family who own Doxa, right?

A more conventional design to be sure. Hope that the lower entry price will bring more people to Doxa.

I imagine that the anniversary cosc 300s may continue as the pinnacle of Doxa for some time still. Well, outside the 13 solid golds..
    Last edited by nitron135; March 29th, 2019 at 17:00.
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

Looking forward to this one. Would take either LE or standard version.

They are both (all 3) good looking watches.

Name:  IMG_4751.jpeg
Views: 292
Size:  2.02 MB
    Maddog1970 likes this.

Pretty cool looking watches, at a decent price point. The lugs are a bit different, emphasizing the roundness of the dial ... maybe.

I'm kinda enamored by the blue variant, but I dig that flash of color in the LE from the second hand.

I'm guessing I'll likely end up with one of these if they hit that estimated price point.

Quote Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
    Well... there are no official specs as of yet because the watch is not officially released yet.
    Well... there are professional reviews being done, which are driven from press releases... which contain ... wait for it ... specs and other info about the new product. See? Incomplete press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
    Regarding the fish logo, you do realize it's the logo of the Jenny family who own Doxa, right?
    Regarding the Fish, everyone knows where that came from.... which had nothing to do with the original Doxa. Right? So, as a vintage reissue, since there was no fish back then, it's therefore points off on authenticity.

It would be something like if Seiko put their Prospex logo on the 62MAS re-issue.

And as for the Fish and Doxa, Jenny is a brand. So is Doxa.

Both Jenny and Doxa are brands owned by Walca. Walca is the parent company... which is owned by Jenny. The Walca logo would be more appropriate to but on both Jenny and Doxa.

Think of it this way: Ford owns Range Rover... but there's no Lincoln logo on the RR. Maybe on the inside flap of the owner's manual, or the back cover, somewhere down low, in small print, it might say "A Division of Ford Motor Company".

Doxa could put "A Division of Walca Watch Company" in the manual. Same for Jenny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information