Who would like DOXA to - bring back the 750 case size

View Poll Results: Does anyone want to see the 750 Case size back (Dial Size)

Voters
88. This poll is closed
  • Yes

69 78.41%
  • No

19 21.59%

Thread: Who would like DOXA to - bring back the 750 case size

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who would like DOXA to - bring back the 750 case size

I for one have seen a lot of interest in the step back up to the 44-45mm from the new smaller 42mm watches. My wrist can fit both sizes easily 7.25", but I miss the larger ORANGE.

Maybe I'm out there but when something really works the 750 Size, why drop the line?

History (the past few years) DOXA is the King of hearing what we want and producing it.

I may be wrong but who else does this? Or maybe I'm the only one and 42mm is the new DOXA?

WATCHEs

Several Odds and Ends I rotate all keep time

Re: Who would like DOXA to - bring back the 750 case size

I'm with you Doc...I even started a similar poll last month. There was a concensus to bring it back and I would be first in line to purchase a new 750 sized Doxa!

There are a lot of us out there with 8 inch wrists that just can't pull off the size of a 1000/1200T...looks like a girls watch on my wrist. I would even be open to a slightly larger 750...
    Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch...HE decides what time it is.

As you can tell the 750 is my favorite Doxa. I love the size and the flat crystal. It's a tool watch and the bigger the better. I don't need to wear it with a suit unless it is a "wetsuit" hahahaha
    John M.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'd love it if they did it with a re-worked dial and a domed crystal; I wasn't crazy about the flat crystal and it needs some more on the dial--I think that's why I sold my 750 and kept my 5000T, which I love.

Banned

In a heartbeat. Mmmm, a 750 Divingstar with a logo....drooooool

Quote Originally Posted by abuemily View Post
    I'd love it if they did it with a re-worked dial and a domed crystal; I wasn't crazy about the flat crystal and it needs some more on the dial--I think that's why I sold my 750 and kept my 5000T, which I love.

I agree that the dial could use larger lettering and a larger date window would be nice. I wonder If they could do a day and date with the 2824-2 movement or at least a larger date . I wouldn't mind the jenny fish logo in the lower left quadrant.
    I don't have grandkids yet....so let me tell you about my watch!

Banned

I'm with you guys on this one. Doxa, please bring back the 750!!

Quote Originally Posted by outatime View Post
    I agree that the dial could use larger lettering and a larger date window would be nice. I wonder If they could do a day and date with the 2824-2 movement or at least a larger date . I wouldn't mind the jenny fish logo in the lower left quadrant.

I do like the idea of a day/date display. I often forget the day when I'm busy.

EDIT: I had a few of the 750T models. Great watch but I'm of the opinion that the case sides on that model (and the classic sized ones as well) need to be much thicker, like found on the 5000 and the 800Ti models.

Kev

The 750T is the only size for me (Or possibly the 'new' 5000T) as I have a 7-3/4" wrist and have grown accustomed to watches in the 43-47mm size... and just don't care for smaller watches these days.

I'd also love to see a Domed Crystal on one of these.

My only current Doxa is my 750T GMT Pro...

I'd even like to see a 22mm lug size for a bit larger sized straps and bracelets.

I don't have a Doxa, yet. A big reason for that is that they just seem a bit small to me. Part is due to the design of course, the dial is smaller than other watches of similar case size. But if I'm not mistaken, the largest diameter case is only 45 mm. That's not really all that large, especially when one's wrist is roughly 8.5" or so.

I've never seen a 5000T in person, but the some of the other Doxas I've seen just looked small to me. Maybe a 5000T at 45 mm will work, but I don't know...

But, what I'm sure I'd be happy with would be a Doxa a few mm larger, large enough to hold a Valgranges movement. That movement has a larger date wheel, so whatever size is necessary to put the date window in an appropriate place in the dial. The classic off-set text would be nice as would an old style beads of rice sort of bracelet. I don't know the exact model numbers, but I guess I'm thinking of a vintage Doxa scaled up a bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information