Why Doxa?

Thread: Why Doxa?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why Doxa?

I am planning my next big purchase and I want it to be something special. I can spend up to $1500 for a used one, the less the better. I have narrowed it down to a few watches Sinn U1, Seiko MM, Omega SMP, or Doxa Sharkhunter. I haven't had a Doxa before and am not sure what to expect.

I really like the vintage look of their models, not too crazy about the orange or yellow dials. What qualities does Doxa have that the other options do not? Lume, timekeeping, etc?

This is the model that I like best (photos have been borrowed).

Re: Why Doxa?

Maybe I can help you. If your here and posting "Why Doxa"? it can only mean that the watch is attractive to you.

Same was for me as I broused the Doxa section for quite a while before purchasing my first one, a 750T. I loved it and sold it for a Fortis. Ive replaced it with my 1000T Sharkhunter and am still very satisfied and happy that Ive stuck with this brand.

The case and bracelet is so compfortable and like a Rolex hasnt gone away from its original look.

I think you wont be dissapointed and this is a watch you'll be happy to have purchased.

Here are some shots of both my previous 750T Sharkhunter and the sister equivilant 1000T Sharkhunter. The 750 is a 44mm case, and the 1000 is a 42mm.

Ozy

Doxa, because the more beaten and banged up you get, the better it looks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There's a similar thread down the page.
    I think if you really want to hear opinions on the watches you should post the thread on the Dive Forum. You would get more comments, from users that have or had 2 or 3 of the watches on your list and can compare them or tell you their experience.
    I don't own a 750t. I do own a newer model tho but, I guess there's not much difference. My Doxa is solid. Bracelet looks and feels great. Bezel is turns easily but with roughness. Great bezel.
    Dial is easy too read. The hands are a great combo.
    So far it has been a solid watch.

I don't think is nothing over the top.
    The reason why I bought one? The looks! I like the design and over all look of the watch. Nothing like a Doxa out there.
    So far, I am a happy owner. I'm glad, besides looking good, it's solid and comfortable.

PS: Damn you citjet... after seing your thread and now those pics again, makes me want to buy a sharky 1000t
    Last edited by jay.scratch; April 27th, 2010 at 05:51.
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

Quote Originally Posted by jay.scratch View Post
    There's a similar thread down the page.
    I think if you really want to hear opinions on the watches you should post the thread on the Dive Forum. You would get more comments, from users that have or had 2 or 3 of the watches on your list and can compare them or tell you their experience.
    I don't own a 750t. I do own a newer model tho but, I guess there's not much difference. My Doxa is solid. Bracelet looks and feels great. Bezel is turns easily but with roughness. Great bezel.
    Dial is easy too read. The hands are a great combo.
    So far it has been a solid watch.

I don't think is nothing over the top.
    The reason why I bought one? The looks! I like the design and over all look of the watch. Nothing like a Doxa out there.
    So far, I am a happy owner. I'm glad, besides looking good, it's solid and comfortable.

PS: Damn you citjet... after seing your thread and now those pics again, makes me want to buy a sharky 1000t
    LOL, right on. Go for it! I do have my sights on an Orange Faced Doxa soon. Gotta love these.

Quote Originally Posted by citjet View Post
    LOL, right on. Go for it! I do have my sights on an Orange Faced Doxa soon. Gotta love these.
    Just got mine, can't afford to get another one now. Sucks thats there's only 2 left
    Maybe I can score one on sale forum in the future. Hope so lol
    *Seiko skx-007; *Seiko BM; *Orient CFT00004B; *Doxa sub 1200t DWL; *Zodiac ZO7008; *G-Shock DW-5600MS

To paraphrase from the film Risky Business, "Doxa...there is no substitute."

My Doxa SUB 1200T Professional Diving With Legends watch is running 2 1/2 seconds per 24 hours fast. That's outstanding accuracy for a Swiss Automatic! The watch is of the utmost top quality. I cannot imagine how it could be finished any better....

(...did any of you think I was going to quote the other famous line from Risky Business?)

In terms of utility, function, etc - probably very little difference between Doxa and any other decent dive watch (except maybe for the no deco table on the bezel) -

for me it was aesthetic (I liked the look, dial, etc), the history, Dirk Pitt, and the functionality -
    Doxa 750T Pro, Bernhardt Globemaster, MKII Stingray 50

I'll say DOXA, ever since I got my 1200T DWL, I keep getting compliments on how beautiful the watch is, besides, lots of chicks like it too, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by domino View Post
    In terms of utility, function, etc - probably very little difference between Doxa and any other decent dive watch (except maybe for the no deco table on the bezel) -

for me it was aesthetic (I liked the look, dial, etc), the history, Dirk Pitt, and the functionality -
    Well said. I'd only add that the orange dial was a huge draw for me. I've owned orange watches before, but something about the Doxa dial "pops" the way the others didn't.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information