Will there be a new SuperSub GMT ?

Thread: Will there be a new SuperSub GMT ?

Will there be a new SuperSub GMT ?

I'm most keen on the GMT versions - especially re. the function, the s/s braclet size (being larger) and the write-ups I've read re. the extra(!?) accuracy of the GMT movement.

Anyone know anything?

Best regards
    mbmci
    Australia

Re: Will there be a new SuperSub GMT ?

I'd like to know also as I'm in need of a Doxa GMT.
    Tom
    Marathon, Omega, Rolex, Ruhla, Seiko

Even though I have a GMT I might be persuaded to get another if you know what I mean.
    I have too many watches.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Super Sub is in the early stages of being revealed. My guess is that it will not be a GMT. However, I would bet that a GMT model will be planned down the road.

Nothing has been said about the SuperSub having GMT functions on the forum. Your guess is as good as mine.......
    Best Regards,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jclevoy View Post
    The Super Sub is in the early stages of being revealed. My guess is that it will not be a GMT. However, I would bet that a GMT model will be planned down the road.

Nothing has been said about the SuperSub having GMT functions on the forum. Your guess is as good as mine.......
    A couple of questions if you don't mind:

Is it safe to assume that Doxa will release a GMT version of the SS in the future?

Being new to the Doxa brand and not being around for the different releases how long is it usually between different version releases?

Example, the Doxa 750T Pro could have been the first to be released than the Mil followed by the Sharki, followed by the Pro GMT, followed by the Sharki GMT, etc, etc.
    Tom

I personally think a GMT version would be a good idea. In my work, I am often side by side with divers from other parts of the world. We work with divers from South Africa, England, Australia, New Zealand etc, and I am sure some of those guys would go in for a GMT version to keep track of time zones etc while still being able to wear the watch inside the habitat.
    Regards,

TKite
    Commercial Diver

Baume & Mercier Capeland S XXL, 3300ft/1000m
    Zinex Trimix, 6600ft/2000m
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, 3300ft/1000m
    Tissot Seastar 1000, 1000ft/300m
    Seiko Land Monster 660ft/200m
    Seiko "pepsi", 660ft/200m
    Timex Humvee, 660ft/200m

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    A couple of questions if you don't mind:

Is it safe to assume that Doxa will release a GMT version of the SS in the future?

Being new to the Doxa brand and not being around for the different releases how long is it usually between different version releases?

Example, the Doxa 750T Pro could have been the first to be released than the Mil followed by the Sharki, followed by the Pro GMT, followed by the Sharki GMT, etc, etc.
    Nope, not a safe bet at all. All we have at this point is speculation. I do think it's likely that they'll release another GMT of some type, some day. But again, speculation.

As to how long between models, it's been around 5 years since the Sub reappeared. First was the 300T Reissue (included a version with a diver logo as a tribute to the Sea Hunters). Next up was the 600T reissue (included the limited edition of 100 pcs Divingstar with the diver helmet logo as a tribute to the Sea Hunters). Sometime soon after (the 600T series was not completed to the original numbers planned) was the advent of the 750T Reissue (I think the Caribbean was first, which was a limited edition of 250 pcs with diver helmet logo as a tribute to the Sea Hunters). Then came the various other iterations of the 750T, next the T_Graph and then the GMT series. Next up was the 1000T, and to be followed by the (as yet to be named, I hope) Super Sub. One thing seems clear. We're overdue for another special model as a tribute to the Sea Hunters!

Anyone's guess as to the future. We're still awaiting announcement of several new features of the Super Sub (I suspect an HRV will be there) as well as pics and pricing info. I hope Doxa will let something flow on that soon!

But if you want a Doxa GMT and the current models fit your ticket (love my Divingstar GMT!) I wouldn't wait. I'd buy what is available now. If they DO a GMT version of the Super Sub, I sincerely doubt it will be within the next 12 months..... then again, I was wrong yesterday... once .
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

I don't mind waiting for a SS GMT if and when it comes out.

Because I'm not a returning customer I will have to pay full price for what ever watch I buy. I might as well go for the gold since momma is only going to let me drop this kind of cash once on a watch.
    Tom

Thread Information