Would you register all your Doxas' with Doxa?

Poll: Would you register all your Doxas' with Doxa to create a database?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Would you register all your Doxas' with Doxa?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would you register all your Doxas' with Doxa?

I Just got off the phone with Doxa to register my first doxas'
    300T seahunter
    600T divingstar

Turns out they don't register pre-owned watches.

I think it would make sense if we could register what we own with them.

I believe it would help us and Doxa for them to see who we are and what we own.

Thanks,
    ticketgeorge

Re: Would you register all your Doxas' with Doxa?

I don't know how they could support registation of older DOXA's, I mean if worse came to worst, they would be able to do anything about a lost or stolen piece, because there are no more parts anyhow. Consider also that as quickly as some of the DOXA owners turn these watches over, what good would a record do of 'who has it now'? I'm not trying to be nitpicky, I'm just curious.

Troy
    “One person with courage makes a majority.”

Alot of times people flip them within a few weeks of buying them.I dont see how it could be kept up to date.
    --Doxa 300t silver Conquistador He Valve--
    Doxa silver Conquistador (no He valve)-
    -Doxa 300t Reissue Divingstar(seahunter caseback)--
    Doxa 300t Reissue Sharkhunter

Doxa SUB600 T-Graph Pro Reissue (2005)
    Doxa 300t sharkhunter--
    Aqualung U.S.Divers Sharkhunter (Quartz)
    Panerai Pam86-- Panerai Pam199 Regatta --Panera Pam217 Destro --Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Sapphire caseback---Omega Seamaster PreBond-
    2002 Marathon Sar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice idea but a lot of work to keep updated and accurate as mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by JOE P. View Post
    Alot of times people flip them within a few weeks of buying them.I dont see how it could be kept up to date.
    Owner of watch would contact Doxa w/info via email? form on website?, if they bought to flip no reason to contact.

I've sold 4 x Doxas and in each instance let Doxa know via e-mail. In each instance they replied, acknowledging reciept and confirming transfer of ownership.

Although in each case it was for warranty purposes, and trying to track post-warranty transfer of ownership would be an administrative nightmare.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

"Although in each case it was for warranty purposes, and trying to track post-warranty transfer of ownership would be an administrative nightmare."

James[/quote]

From a special events/ marketing view do you think it would be worth the time to enter a doxaholic's info and what they own?
    geo

[QUOTE From a special events/ marketing view do you think it would be worth the time to enter a doxaholic's info and what they own?
    geo[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're suggesting. However, unlike other companies, Doxa is a relatively small company with a handful of employees. This is what keeps their customer service so personal and responsive, as well as their watches relatively inexpensive (in comparison with other similar brands / models).

To create an additional and potentially burdensome administrative function for a small customer service staff would not be an idea I would support, especially if the trickle-down effect is longer customer service times and / or more staff being required to support an adiministrative and "nice-to-have" function. It is not their core business, which is making and servicing Doxa watches.

Anyway, just my thoughts.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

I registered a pre-owned GMT Sharkhunter that I bought in one of the watch forums because there's still about 18 months left on the warranty. I have a pre-owned SUB 600T Pro that I bought but there's no reason for Doxa to record who owns it now since it's out of warranty.

I like the idea but I don't see Doxa spending the time/money to do it. They need to focus every Euro Penny they earn on building the company. Afterall time is money. With that said, maybe Doxa can spend a few Euro Penny's on the idea....

I think it would cool to have an Online Doxa Registration Webpage where the original owner is able to login and set a password then once they sell it they can pass that login and password on to the new owner who can upgrade the registration and it can be passed on this way, from owner to owner to owner. A simple web page that is only accessable to the owner with the password.

Also, if a watch is stolen, lost, destroyed, the Owner can report this on their own via the Registration website. Would be cool if Doxa could Log In and report when a watch is "SERVICED" by them. Imagine an online Doxa stamp of approval that a watch is properly maintained.

It would be critical that Doxa makes sure the site is a SECURE website. I wouldn't want to give some clever criminal who just stole a watch or some dishonest Doxa owner to say it's been serviced, when in fact it may never had.

I'm not a web programmer but if I was I'd create it. It really would come down to the owners maintaining the Registration. Doxa can just verify the registration website is legal and legit and then the registration process will take care of itself. Perhaps Registered watches with 'history' will maintain a higher resale.... who knows but I'd buy a "Registered" watch over an Un-Registered watch for sure.

If I was in a Doxa board meeting I'd bring it up during Open Discussion and hopefully Upper Management would consider it.

With that said, I think it's a great idea to "Register Doxa's"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information