The Yellow of the Poseidon vs other Divingstars
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By El Loco Norwegian
  • 1 Post By Dan01
  • 5 Post By El Loco Norwegian

Thread: The Yellow of the Poseidon vs other Divingstars

The Yellow of the Poseidon vs other Divingstars

Hello,

Does anyone have comparison pics between the Poseidon and other (modern) Divingstars i.e. 600T, 750T? In the promo pics the Poseidon looked a little brighter but guessing from the user pics it seems pretty much identical to the other modern Divingstars.

Cheers!

Re: The Yellow of the Poseidon vs other Divingstars

Quote Originally Posted by MONVMENTVM View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have comparison pics between the Poseidon and other (modern) Divingstars i.e. 600T, 750T? In the promo pics the Poseidon looked a little brighter but guessing from the user pics it seems pretty much identical to the other modern Divingstars.

Cheers!
    Not until tomorrow. ETA between 9AM and 6PM CET.
    Vlciudoli and DaveandStu like this.
    Reality:
    Doxa SUB Mission 31 (mission worn)
    Doxa SUB 200T T-Graph Searambler
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Divingstar
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC MilShark
    Doxa SUB 5000T MilShark (#0052)

Dreams:
    Doxa SUB 300T Poseidon (original)
    Doxa SUB 600 T-Graph Searambler
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Caribbean

I can get you one later this week when I pick mine up from the office. I have the 750 version and based on photos of the Poseidon the 750 seems to have a different hue of yellow. The Poseidon seems more of a canary yellow. I will confirm for you unless someone else gets there first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DaveandStu likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Would like to know if there’s a difference in shade as well

Here is the Poseidon vs the 750T. One photo is in direct sunlight, and the other is in the shade. On the Poseidon the lume on the dial and hands look pretty much the same, with a grenish tint. On the 750T the lume on the hands has a greenish tint, and on the dial is pretty much white. In the dark all the lume looks pretty much the same, both on the dial and the hands.

My take on it, when I see both next to each other, the Poseidon dial is a tad darker. The print on the dial is very different on the two - the 750T has much finer printing, and the quality of the yellow on the dial just looks better on the 750T, like it's better quality printing. Looking at the Poseidon by itself it's a wonderful watch, and the quality is very nice, but next to the other watch, the 750T wins, hands down.

Name:  IMG_7058.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  752.3 KB

Name:  IMG_7059.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  782.5 KB
    Last edited by El Loco Norwegian; June 6th, 2018 at 17:39.
    Reality:
    Doxa SUB Mission 31 (mission worn)
    Doxa SUB 200T T-Graph Searambler
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Divingstar
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC MilShark
    Doxa SUB 5000T MilShark (#0052)

Dreams:
    Doxa SUB 300T Poseidon (original)
    Doxa SUB 600 T-Graph Searambler
    Doxa SUB 750T COSC Caribbean

Quote Originally Posted by El Loco Norwegian View Post
    Here is the Poseidon vs the 750T. One photo is in direct sunlight, and the other is in the shade. On the Poseidon the lume on the dial and hans look pretty much the same, with a grenish tint. On the 750T the lume on the hands has a greenish tint, and on the dial is pretty much white. In the dark all the lume looks pretty much the same, both on the dial and the hands.

My take on it, when I see both next to each other, the Poseidon dial is a tad darker. The print on the dial is very different on the two - the 750T has much finer printing, and the quality of the yellow on the dial just looks better on the 750T, like it's better quality printing. Looking at the Poseidon by itself it's a wonderful watch, and the quality is very nice, but next to the other watch, the 750T wins, hands down.

Thanks!

It looks indeed a bit darker or mustardy unlike the promo pictures that were a really bright lemony yellow. I'm quite surprised that the color is actually so similar to the other Divingstars. At the same time I'm also surprised how different the dial printing looks between the 750T and the 300T (1200T). Personally, I slightly prefer the thicker, more aggressive printing on the Poseidon as it also appears more legible. However, I understand why somebody would prefer the finer printing on the 750T... much more open, less cluttered dial and more vintage looking.

Also IMHO they should have used BWG9 lume. I'm not sure I like the greenish lume on the yellow dial.

Quote Originally Posted by El Loco Norwegian View Post
    Here is the Poseidon vs the 750T. One photo is in direct sunlight, and the other is in the shade. On the Poseidon the lume on the dial and hans look pretty much the same, with a grenish tint. On the 750T the lume on the hands has a greenish tint, and on the dial is pretty much white. In the dark all the lume looks pretty much the same, both on the dial and the hands.

Id nearly suspect that the 750T Divingstar gets a lot of your Doxa wrist time Loco...looks great mate

Thread Information