Your Favorite DOXA SUB

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite DOXA model?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • 5000T PRO

14 13.21%
  • 5000T Sharkhunter

9 8.49%
  • 5000T Caribbean

7 6.60%
  • 1000T PRO

15 14.15%
  • 1000T Sharkhunter

6 5.66%
  • 1000T Caribbean

1 0.94%
  • 1000T Divingstar

5 4.72%
  • 600 T-Graph PRO

6 5.66%
  • 600 T-Graph Sharkhunter

12 11.32%
  • 750T GMT PRO

8 7.55%
  • 750T GMT Sharkhunter

6 5.66%
  • 750T GMT Caribbean

9 8.49%
  • 750T GMT Divingstar

7 6.60%
  • DECO

1 0.94%

Thread: Your Favorite DOXA SUB

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    DOXA Forum Administrator 1

Your Favorite DOXA SUB

Hi Gang,

Just to gauge the popularity of our individual models I am posting this little poll. The special editions are not included, because they have a certain amount of interest built into them So cast your vote, and see which is voted most popular, it may just surprise you which one it turns out to be!

And just to spice it up a little, tells what features you think should be included in future SUB's. And if the SUB should stay pure to it's roots, or evolve into the modern age???

Have fun, and most important, keep it civie

Cheers,
    Andy

Re: Your Favorite DOXA SUB

For me, the GMT is the perfect watch. It has all the complications I need. The Styling is totally Doxa. The balance of the bracelet to the case is perfect and the 24hr. chapter ring makes the dial appear to be the perfect size IMHO. For the future Doxa I leave that to the 5000T and it's successor. I say leave the GMT just as it is. I think it was a classic right out of the starting blocks. Just my dos pesos.
    Considering that there is only supposed to be a total production of 1000 watches The GMT series must have a very high percentage of happy owners.
    Joe
    Last edited by jstawasz; September 24th, 2008 at 00:32. Reason: Additional thoughts
    Doxa 600T Pro
    Doxa 1000T Pro
    Doxa 750T Searambler
    Doxa 750T Divingstar GMT
    Doxa 1000T Divingstar
    Breitling Steelfish
    Sinn U1

GMT Pro floats my boat, so to speak. It's orange, it's got heftier bracelet, and a GMT function that is useful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wakanga1955 View Post
    GMT Pro floats my boat, so to speak. It's orange, it's got heftier bracelet, and a GMT function that is useful.
    Best Regards,
    Jason

There are three that are so close to a dead heat for #1 in my book: the 5000T Sharkie, 750T Pro GMT, and 750T Divingstar GMT. Since I had to pick one, it was the 5000T for its killer features and all-around versatility.

I see that the 750T Searambler isn't an option. While not a contender in my personal subjective opinion, I know that more than a few people here have posted that it's their favorite. I can see them charging over the horizon. Fair warning!

I wish I was creative enough to think of some ways to further update the SUB while staying true to its roots. I'll tell you that I would jump all over a 5000T Sharkie with GTLS.

Rob

Edit: I just realized that none of the SUB750T (non-GMT) models are listed in the poll, so Searambler lovers shouldn't feel left out.
    Last edited by roberev; September 19th, 2008 at 23:19.

I went for the 5000T Pro, but I will pick up a 5K Sharkie soon...
    Last edited by ttomczak; September 20th, 2008 at 19:37.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex Submariner "K" Serial
    Rolex SeaDweller
    The Beast - Casio GPW1000-4AJF

Can I vote for two?

The Sharkhunter GMT goes almost anywhere and with almost any occasion, but when I want to go more dressy or business, I reach for the Deco.

Steve
    Fine watches are like diamonds for men

I voted for the 5K Pro ... HOWEVER, my favorite DOXA SUB hands down ... no equal ... is my 750T Pro Dirk Pitt edition.
    John M.

Since I have a smaller wrist, I voted for the SUB 1000 PRO. However, I like the variety of options(colors) given with the SUB 1000 COSC. With the 1000 COSC, I would love to see an orange minute or second hand on the black. Thanks for asking!

Don't really feel qualified to answer this but thought about it for an hour and voted for the 5000t. I like the direction Doxa is going in that the 5000t is an evolved version of the 750t. It has an awesome movment, heavy duty bulletproof bracelet, ratcheting extension is top notch and it works without making the bracelet feel cheap or vulnerable, Lume is nuclear, and it is a heavy beast of a watch that wears really well. I also have the 1000t which is more traditionally Doxa. Nice vintage feel. Nice size. Has a lot of style and personality that no other watch has at least that I have owned. I personally think Doxa is covering all of the bases with a watch line that is evolving while still keeping a traditional line in the 1000t. My only beef with the 5000t is the alternating polish/brushed links. I personally don't like to mix finishes but a brushed finish is 5min and a scotchbrite pad away. Not really a doxaholic yet but am a dive watchaholic who really loves Doxa.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information