The First Round of Polls Are Closed!

Thread: The First Round of Polls Are Closed!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The First Round of Polls Are Closed!

I would like to express my appreciation to everyone who have given their support and words of encouragement, and to those who've participated in the WUS LE Sinn Project Polls!

We've accumulated enough data to give Sinn a good idea of what direction we want them to go with our special watch. I've sent the data to our Project Manager and anxiously await her feedback. Along with feedback I've requested mock-ups of what they can put together with our input.

When asked who wanted a WUS LE watch, 153 responded:

64 (41.7%) said they would purchase a WatchUSeek Limited Edition Sinn.
    84 (55.6%) said they are interested but would have to see the final design first.
    5 (2.6%) said they were not interested at all.

This feedback was very encouraging since we had initially decided to have only 50 watches made. Now we must consider the possibility of increasing that number. We will make a decision once we have a final design and receive additional feedback based on that design.

Here are the features you wanted to see:

Case Design
    U series case & bezel 60%
    EZM case 40%

Case Material
    Standard U steel 53%
    SDR 23%
    PVD 23%

Case Treatment
    Tegimented steel case and bezel 90.5%
    Steel case and tegimented bezel 9.5%

Crown Position
    Crown at 4 o'clock 59%
    10 o'clock 41%

Crystal Material and Treatment
    Domed crystal, AR coated on the inside 54%
    Flat crystal, AR coated on the inside 20%

Dial Color
    White dial fully lumed with BG-W9 50%
    Blue dial fully lumed blue 27%

Hand and Indice Style
    U1 block hands and indices 51%
    U2 sword hands and indices 49%

Hand and Indice Color
    Black minute and hour hands and Indices 58%
    Blue minute and hour hands and Indices 24%

Seconds Hand Color
    Red seconds hand 37%
    Orange/Yellow 26%
    Black 24%

Strap/Bracelet Preference
    Rubber strap 51%
    Steel bracelet 40%

I've asked the folks at Sinn to take our inputs and present a few workable mock-ups and price estimates for us to discuss, fine tune, and vote on. I told Sinn our main concerns were to make our watch as unique as possible without it looking like the white faced U1 we were shown at Baselworld while keeping the cost to members at or below $2,000.

As I get feedback from Sinn I'll post it to this thread. Any mock-ups I receive will also be posted to this thread for initial discussion before they appear on any polls.

Thanks again for all the great feedback and I look forward to your continued support and valuable constructive feedback. :thanks

Below is Sinn's reply to our submission:

Hello Peter,

Many thanks for your message. I'm sorry for my late answer.

The results of your forum-poll was very interesting and we noticed the technical orientation of the forum members. This is a very good basic to do a special unique forumwatch together.

I will order a sample of the requested dial to make a first prototype. That will make the decission about the color tone much easier.

The hands and indices are black, but not luminous, right? Because I think the luminous dial and the black luminous hand/indices are too much together. I understand that you prefer for the case tegimented submarine steel without black hard coating.

If you prefer the hands and indices luminous, or the case black hard coated, please let me know, because i need this information for the calculation.

We are going to send a first drawing on 25.05.09, but i guess it will be better to see the dial and maybe a sample of the watch. I will contact you with more details in approx. 2 weeks and wish you a nice weekend.

I replied with specifics on the hands (no lume), case (no PVD) and with the WUS logo for the dial. With any luck we should have mock-ups by the end of the month and a working prototype sometime after that. I'll keep you all posted on any new developments.
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; May 17th, 2009 at 21:07. Reason: Sinn's reply added.

The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

Re: The First Round of Polls Are Closed!

It's about time brother. Lets get the ball rolling.
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

Great to hear. Thanks for continuing to move this forward.
    Very few tasks cannot be accomplished with orders that end in the words "... or die trying."

Current Collection: Sinn 656 on rubber strap | Seiko SKX781K on bracelet (Orange Monster) | Damasko DC56 | Suunto t4 | Casio G-Shock Cockpit Scuba Worldtime G-741D-7 | Doxa 1000T Professional | TAG Heuer Monaco CW2111.BA0780 (black chrono on braclet) | Seiko SKX779K3 on rubber (Black Monster) | Sinn U1 on rubber & steel | Orient Star WZ0271FD (300m yellow diver) | Panerai PAM112L
    Incoming: nothing currently
    Wish List: Christiaan van der Klaauw Ariadne in Steel | Omega Seamaster PO Big Size 2200.50.00 with Mesh Bracelet | Blankpain Fifty Fathoms and still looking . . .
    Gone:
    TAG Heuer 2000 Professional (blue chrono on bracelet)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maybe you should archive all the poll threads and set up a sticky for design concepts based on your critera above until sinn comes back with thier mock ups. here is one using UX dial/hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2011 Precista PRS-14
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom ETA 2824 Conversion
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Belforte Sheppard AFB
    1961 Omega Seamaster

"Time spent waiting between the seconds is only conspiring to make me older" DV 2018
    "I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    DV 2011
    Dirtvictim The Watch Mechanic.

My final thoughts on the Forum Watch or the UW

Here are my last 2 designs based on the polls and a few personal observations.
    Since sinn has done quite a few U1 versions just about anything done with the block hands/dial will just be a copy of existing models sorry to say but it's just a color change thing. So here is my logic, unfortunately the U2 dial has the hole for the capsule and unless you plan on using a capsule it won't work without additional design work on sinn's side to finish it out correctly and adding to cost. So I have taken the UX dial and hands which are similar to U2 anyway and should be an easy fit to the 2824 of the U1, remove all lettering except sinn and add UW keeping everything simple. use the teg. case bezel and change the first 15 markers to white lume leave the rest red or black. I made 2 versions since I am still a black dial fan. With the current interest WUS may want to consider 2 versions since a minimum is 30 only anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2011 Precista PRS-14
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Omega Seamaster

"Time spent waiting between the seconds is only conspiring to make me older" DV 2018
    DV 2011

Re: My final thoughts on the Forum Watch or the UW

I like em' both . I still want the PVD case and non-pvd bezel but these two are kick A**.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by dirtvictim View Post
    Here are my last 2 designs based on the polls and a few personal observations.
    Since sinn has done quite a few U1 versions just about anything done with the block hands/dial will just be a copy of existing models sorry to say but it's just a color change thing. So here is my logic, unfortunately the U2 dial has the hole for the capsule and unless you plan on using a capsule it won't work without additional design work on sinn's side to finish it out correctly and adding to cost. So I have taken the UX dial and hands which are similar to U2 anyway and should be an easy fit to the 2824 of the U1, remove all lettering except sinn and add UW keeping everything simple. use the teg. case bezel and change the first 15 markers to white lume leave the rest red or black. I made 2 versions since I am still a black dial fan. With the current interest WUS may want to consider 2 versions since a minimum is 30 only anyway.

Here's a cool pic of a U1 with U2 sword hands M.O.D. posted in the Sinn forum today:

I'm not sure if Sinn swapped the hands or the owner did but it looks much nicer than it did in my head a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SMSgt Bo View Post
    Here's a cool pic of a U1 with U2 sword hands M.O.D. posted in the Sinn forum today:
    I'm not sure if Sinn swapped the hands or the owner did but it looks much nicer than it did in my head a few weeks ago.
    That is sweet
    2011 Precista PRS-14
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Omega Seamaster

DV 2011

Looks like I have to keep a close watch out for this thread on the updates. Btw, how many pcs are we looking at the WUS LE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit e Froggy View Post
    Looks like I have to keep a close watch out for this thread on the updates. Btw, how many pcs are we looking at the WUS LE ?
    30 commitments are required to do a 50 watch production run... If we get more commitments than that, I'm sure Sinn would be happy to make a few more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information