Question about timing....

Thread: Question about timing....

Question about timing....

No pressure or anything, but I was hoping Peter or someone else in the know could weigh in on what the ballpark timeline is for the project. If we could put some loose timeframes on the following I think it could help give this porject some structure:

• Date to finlaize preliminary design
    • Dates to submit to Sinn and receive feedback
    • Start of production
    • Completion of watch.
    I know it is too early to nail down any of these with precision, so I am just looking for some very rough dates.

Re: Question about timing....

Hi Drew,

I appreciate your eagerness for some sort of timeline but to do so would be just a WAG (Wild A--ed Guess) and would only cause disappointment. I can't tell you how many projects like this I've participated in and paid up front only to have the completion date slip as much as six months. By the second month we were rounding up torches and pitch forks for a little late night visit with the manufacture.

I can only encourage you to be patient, follow the progress and provide plenty of constructive feedback.

I was anxious for a time line too but bo's right, it would just be wild speculation at this early stage.

Maybe once we get the design done and get approval from sinn (assuming we don't have to do a back and forth revision) we could speculate on a timeframe but even then it would still just be mostly a guess.

One thing I've learned over the years is that rushing a watch company to finish a product is like rushing a pregnant woman to give birth, totally pointless

"The watch is a confidence trick invented by the swiss, the disciplined mind has no need of one"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by david Anthony View Post
    One thing I've learned over the years is that rushing a watch company to finish a product is like rushing a pregnant woman to give birth, totally pointless
    That is not what I wanted to hear...

About the watch and the woman.

HA HA

well...think of it this way. The more time we have the more time to plan our budgets.

Start saving now

Personally I've put all major watch purchases on hold until this project gels further. Not only do I want to have the available funds but I also don't want to buy any watches that may wind up similar to the one we design.

"The watch is a confidence trick invented by the swiss, the disciplined mind has no need of one"

Banned

A good idea, David!

Thread Information