Rough Model designs for the Sinn forum watch/Color Combinations

Thread: Rough Model designs for the Sinn forum watch/Color Combinations

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Rough Model designs for the Sinn forum watch/Color Combinations

As you can see I was bored today

I did some VERY rough models of most of the color schemes discussed (and a few I just threw in! ) to give a general idea of what the finished product may look like.

I used a UX as a model since it seems forum members are leaning towards a 10 oclock crown. Although the hand design hasn't been decided yet since I was already using a UX it was not only simpler for me to use the sword hands but also were MUCH easier for me to fill in with color than the U1 block hands.

Please ignore the little details (logo, date wheel etc, minute markers.), again these are very rough designs just to give an idea of color combinations.

1.White dial/black markers 2. White dial/Orange Markers 3. White dial/Blue markers 4.Blue dial/white markers 5.Blue dial/orange markers 6.Blue dial/black markers 7.orange dial/white markers 8. orange dial/blue markers 9. Yellow dial/black markers 10. yellow dial/white markers 11. green dial/white markers......did I forget any???

"The watch is a confidence trick invented by the swiss, the disciplined mind has no need of one"

Re: Rough Model designs for the Sinn forum watch/Color Combinations

thanks, David.....I like #2 and #3 the most.....hum...#3 would be my first choice....can we make this a poll ?

I had thought I would have like the blue dials (#4-#6) but they turns out to be too much, perhaps a different shade of blue....

Quote Originally Posted by lowbee View Post
    thanks, David.....I like #2 and #3 the most.....hum...#3 would be my first choice....can we make this a poll ?

I had thought I would have like the blue dials (#4-#6) but they turns out to be too much, perhaps a different shade of blue....

I agree that the shade of blue makes a huge difference. Since forumers seem to want a fully lumed dial the color shades are limited to what is available in lume (this is not to say that the colors I used are specifically accurate to lume shades available...they were just the most accessible).

Before I made these I was leaning towards a blue dial but like you I also now like #2 and 3 the best...although personally I like #2 a little more as it feels unique and stylish to me.

I can still add a poll if people would like but it seemed to me that there were already a lot of polls running and I didn't want to muddy the waters especially since these are so rough and not very accurate in regard to details.

"The watch is a confidence trick invented by the swiss, the disciplined mind has no need of one"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

#2, #7, #8 please. Orange orange orange!

I REALLY like #2 a lot.

Banned

Last edited by Janne; April 10th, 2009 at 21:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Good work, BTW, way above my own talent!

EDIT: The Orange option is too "Doxa Hommage" for me, at least!
    Ditto from me, great job!

I agree with Janne on the Doxa hommage remark. Don't get me wrong, I like Doxa and have 5 of my own but this watch needs to raise the bar another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    I wonder one thing. Which hand is the most importand for a Diver (person)?
    I suspect (I am not a diver myself) that the Minute hand is the most important!
    Or?
    The minute hand is most important for sure. Seconds don't usually matter. If you're worrying about seconds on a dive, you messed up

And ya, they do look a bit Doxa to me too... Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Can we get a mockup of some mixing matching of colors? Like... Blue indices w/ orange hands or vis versa? In my mind it sounds cool but my mind isn't exactly accurate with these kinds of things.

you guys read my mind in regard to using an orange minute hand...I was going to toss that out but thought it might be going too far

Let me see what I can do. I'm using a pretty simplistic color program but hopefully there's a forum member with photoshop and design skills who can render more accurate photo images.

Banned

Last edited by Janne; April 10th, 2009 at 21:26.

Okay. Here's a rough model utilizing a different color minute hand and matching bezel markers. I used the "top secret" TZ watch pic so the crown is now at 4 oclock, U1 block hands/markers and the bezel PVD. Personally I'm not a fan of PVD but the forumers will decide the outcome!

In the "TZ" watch the hands are entirely black, I left the hands two tone like the original U1 (color lume on top with black base) but I assume they can be made all one color (although I personally like them better two tone since it helps separate the hour from minute and break up the colors). I threw in a red U1 logo for fun

Oh...I couldn't resist getting rid of that horrible white strap

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information