Who Wants to Design Your Own LE Sinn?

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in purchasing a Limited Edition Sinn that you helped design?

Voters
153. This poll is closed
  • Are you kidding? Of course I would!

64 41.83%
  • I'd have to see the final design and price first.

84 54.90%
  • I don't think so.

5 3.27%
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Who Wants to Design Your Own LE Sinn?

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Who Wants to Design Your Own LE Sinn?

A side conversation began on the Juwelier Roberto Limited Edition U1 thread on how cool it would be to design our own Limited Edition Sinn. I mentioned that I know people who can make this a reality and received positive posts and a few PMs in support of such a project.

The preliminary feedback has been to use the U1 case, tagimented and/or PVD, a fully lumed dial (blue/white or stealth lume) with black hands and indices. Of course all of this is subject to further feedback and finally majority approval.

Today I emailed one of the folks I know at Sinn to gauge the feasibility of such a project in respect to the minimum that Sinn would consider producing and any design limitations that we would have to work within. If feedback from Sinn is positive I will engage with them at the end of the month at Baselworld.

But (yes, there's always a but), before I get any further in this process I'd like to get a feel for how many folks would actually consider buying a watch that they helped design and bring to life. If sufficient interest is generated I will post a series of polls to determine case design and finish, dial and hand combo, bezel finish, caseback design and bracelet/strap options.

Once a final design is agreed upon I will submit it to Sinn for their feedback and an estimated unit cost. If we get the green light to proceed I will secure the services of a Sinn Authorized Dealer to handle the sales, delivery and warranty portions of the project.

If this sounds like a good idea then let me know. If not, let me know that too.

Thanks in advance!

Brad (AKA Peter to my European friends)

WUS LE Sinn U1 Project Update:

Over the past two weeks I've been exchanging correspondence with Ernie Romers (the WatchUSeek Forum owner) and people I know at Sinn regarding a possible WUS Limited Edition Sinn. Ernie was very interested and Sinn said it is possible but only with the forum owners approval to avoid copyright infringement. With Ernie's approval I set up a meeting with Sinn.

On Saturday, 28 March at 0900 Ernie, Marcel (Ernie's business partner), John Opie (John F on WUS) and I met with Sinn's marketing team at Baselworld to discuss a WatchUSeek Limited Edition Sinn U1 of our very own.

I pitched our preliminary design to everyone and Simone (Sinns Marketing Manager) smiled, excused herself and returned with this watch. We were floored! We discussed the possibility of a similar watch and Sinn is on board as long as it is unique enough that it won't be confused with this TOP Secret U1 prototype they made for another customer (just found out the other customer is Time Zone). I enquired about other color and feature combinations and it appears the sky (and our wallets) is the limit.

Here's the only catch, we have to settle on a final design and guarantee 30 buyers and Sinn will produce a run of 50 U1s for us. I will post more from our meeting in the WUS LE Sinn sub-forum Ernie will set up when he returns from Baselworld.

Here's a little taste of things to come (pics courtesy of Horomundi.com and Mike Stuffler):

Last edited by CMSgt Bo; March 31st, 2009 at 22:25. Reason: Update

Banned

Re: Who Wants to Design Your Own LE Sinn?

edit
    Last edited by Janne; April 10th, 2009 at 20:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Well, 100% are interested, so let's get started!

I am.
    Nice try.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am on a self imposed buy freeze till Summer. I voted that I would have to see where the design went, but would certainly participate and track the project. Anything Sinn is good.
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate
    Ocean 7 LM-2 GMT SE PVD
    Bathys Aquaculture MOP PVD
    Tissot TXL
    Seiko Kinetic Sportura SNL029P1 PVD
    Seiko Chronograph Sports 150
    Citizens Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 BL8000-03A
    Citizens Eco-Drive Largo Perpetual Calendar
    TX 730 w/ FlyBack Chrono
    Poljot Sturmanske Chrono
    Aristo Apucto HP6
    Casio ToughSolar ProTrek Titanium
    Various G's

The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

Fully tagimented U1 case and bracelet would be great. I'm not so sure on full lume dial although stealth lume dial would look interesting, would have to see the design. U1 or U2 hands, maybe with UTC option?
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

I probably should have voted to see the final design and price first, but I think I'd be all over a Sinn U1 with a fully lumed blue/white dial. I have one other watch with a full lumed dial and glow is unbelievable. However, that one has lumed hands as well and when looking at it when waking up at night the whole thing is actually too bright and I find it hard to read the time. None lumed hands would be perfect.

Banned

edit
    Last edited by Janne; April 10th, 2009 at 20:54.

Hi,

I voted that I'd have to see the final design first - mostly as I think the stock U1 is near perfection already. However, there's still room for improvement, IMHO, and if I read the prevailing mood right, the ltd. ed. will be different enough from the regular one to justify owning both. :)

I am in for a work-a-thon this weekend, but hope to be able to make a few sketches of what such a U1 might look like.

I have a feeling we're onto something very, very exciting here. :)
    --
    -Odd Erling - Aalesund, Norway

Breitling Chrono Shark, Sinn 656, Omegas PlanetOcean 42mm (2201.50), 'Great White' (2538.20) and Speedmaster Professional (3572.50). Incoming: Apollo-Soyuz Speedmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by HilltopMichael View Post
    I probably should have voted to see the final design and price first, but I think I'd be all over a Sinn U1 with a fully lumed blue/white dial. I have one other watch with a full lumed dial and glow is unbelievable. However, that one has lumed hands as well and when looking at it when waking up at night the whole thing is actually too bright and I find it hard to read the time. None lumed hands would be perfect.
    Who made your fully lumed watch? Could you please post pics?

Thanks!

I voted that I would have to see the design and price first but I am definitely interested

My preference would be a fully lumed dial U1 with U2 hands (in black, maybe the second hand in blue), tegmented on a bracelet (also tegmented). However, I am willing to be flexible to get a consensus.
    Very few tasks cannot be accomplished with orders that end in the words "... or die trying."

Current Collection: Sinn 656 on rubber strap | Seiko SKX781K on bracelet (Orange Monster) | Damasko DC56 | Suunto t4 | Casio G-Shock Cockpit Scuba Worldtime G-741D-7 | Doxa 1000T Professional | TAG Heuer Monaco CW2111.BA0780 (black chrono on braclet) | Seiko SKX779K3 on rubber (Black Monster) | Sinn U1 on rubber & steel | Orient Star WZ0271FD (300m yellow diver) | Panerai PAM112L
    Incoming: nothing currently
    Wish List: Christiaan van der Klaauw Ariadne in Steel | Omega Seamaster PO Big Size 2200.50.00 with Mesh Bracelet | Blankpain Fifty Fathoms and still looking . . .
    Gone:
    TAG Heuer 2000 Professional (blue chrono on bracelet)

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information