Email from Mr. Kobold - Page 4
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Email from Mr. Kobold

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Email from Mr. Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeCop View Post
    Literally, the only thing I pointed out that makes Kobold look bad was the bad Photoshop job.... which he himself posted. People need to be aware. Seriously though, If you can't see that it's a faked photo, you're not giving his side of support a good look.
    Kobold’s offense here goes beyond photoshopping. He’s offering this specific watch in exchange for helping with his fundraising efforts. Meaning: He’s taking money for a watch that cannot exist (since it’s an IWC product).
    watchyourself likes this.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

Email from Mr. Kobold

Blancpain ripped him off, too.

Last edited by CGSshorty; 3 Weeks Ago at 23:03.

To bajwat and sstarbuck68, I am happy with my Kobold Phantom Tactical. Now. After a year and change of pleas and threats of legal injunction I have my watch back in perfect working order. After having been returned to Kobold several times and having it damaged by their employees and then having to pay for their damage. I love my watch, wear it daily as before, and will wear it till it no longer works. But, I have no faith in the company or the man anymore. The man, and the company that bears his name has done itself in by its, and his, disingenuous nature and by taking advantage of the watch collecting community. As a member of that community, I feel it is my duty to warn potential buyers away from a company that is in such a shambles. I would do the same for any of the other community I'm an enthusiast of, whether it firearms or motor vehicles.

At this time, Kobold is not a watch company. It is an endeavor in free fall, run by a man who may have good intentions in his heart for something other than wristwatches at this point. Do I wish him harm? Absolutely not! Do I wish his company fair winds and following seas? I don't honestly know. Do I want to see anyone fall down the rabbit hole I and many others went down? Absolutely not! I can not, in good consciousness recommend anyone back Kobold, the man or the company, in its present endeavors. I hope he rights his company or shutters it, but does not take another dime from someone without them having full knowledge of the past.
    ljb187, CGSshorty, Avo and 1 others like this.
    Carpe Noctem

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Used to own a Kobold watch but ended up getting rid of it and glad I did. I am not going to get into the issues I had with it from day 1 because there is no sense in beating a dead horse. However I will say this. Kobold is a grown man who made decisions on how to run his own business the ways that he did. He can use whatever excuses he wants it still doesn't change the fact that the buck stops with him, period. It's what being a good business man and running a successful company is all about. Neither apply to Michael Kobold as far as I am concerned. To me Kobold is a con man, pure and simple.
    ljb187, EMVAMPYRE and Avo like this.

I followed Kobold years ago at the beginning as we both attended the same University and wanted to support an alum and his start up and I was hoping for a US watch company to take off. He always struck me as a BS artist and opportunist, but that’s just marketing, so I can overlook that. Unfortunately I never liked his designs, and I thought his MSRP didn’t represent a great value so I never had the opportunity to purchase one. I hadn’t heard anything about Kobold in many years and was very sorry to circle back not long ago and read what had transpired. Unfortunately I think he missed his chance and lost the market share to the Shinola brand from Detroit. I can’t tell you how many of these watches I’ve seen on professional people that can afford Rolex, Patek, etc. because they liked the design, price, and assembled in USA status of the watches. I can’t help but think that could have been him.
    I wish him well and hope he can turn his company around. However before anyone invests another penny in his company, he really needs to
    1) be open about what happened and how he’s fixing the issues, and maybe move back to the US if he’s still overseas
    2) get everyone’s back orders refunded or sent out immediately
    3) get everyone’s repairs sorted out ASAP
    4) clearly and openly address the allegations of not paying out the charitable portion of the sales, etc. promised. with verifiable proof, not more photoshop and fanciful stories. If the IRS, etc might come calling, I don’t see the brand as a good risk moving forward.
    5) dial back the Trump style fake news BS spin doctoring by about 80%.
    I’m cautiously optimistic. Time will tell if it’s just bad luck, timing, etc. or just more empty promises and fake news.
    bjjkk, EMVAMPYRE and Avo like this.
    -Brian
    member #8172 . 十人十色
    AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT

Something tells me that IWC and Blancpain didn’t steal his designs and photoshop their dial on there. Maybe the swatch group has fallen on harder times than the Kobold watch company? Anyway, I do like that IWC posted above. Stealth Luxe is always better. It’s a winner for off the grid travel.
    -Brian
    member #8172 . 十人十色
    AUDENTES FORTUNA IUVAT

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information