• 3 Post By GnomeCop

Thread: Yellow Object

Yellow Object

I ordered two... It's a good cause IMO.

Name:  Kobold_Yellow_Object_1570543871698.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  249.3 KB

Dear Friends,

The Government of China is totalitarian, anti-democracy and anti-free speech.

Yet China is also extremely powerful, which the recent reversal of the National Basketball Association in its stance on the Hong Kong democracy protests has proven all too well.

At a time when those protesters urgently need international support, foreign governments are also sitting by idly, not wishing to upset China.

It’s therefore time for us regular folks to show color - to support peaceful protesters in Hong Kong in their struggle to preserve the city’s unique status, which provides for certain freedoms and rights not granted to the citizens of Mainland China.

We’ve developed a special edition wristwatch to signal popular support for those protesters who conduct themselves in an orderly and peaceful manner.

This watch is called Yellow Object. It’s a curious name for a Kobold watch, but if you review the below video clip by Amnesty International, you’ll understand its meaning.

Video:
    https://twitter.com/amnesty/status/1178588645156179968

Appropriately, given the origins of its name, the Yellow Object is a beater watch.

With the famous Kobold ad with the late actor James Gandolfini in mind, the Yellow Object is the horological equivalent of the middle finger raised in the direction of the Hong Kong Police, Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam and the Government of China.

Proceeds from the sale of the Yellow Object go in equal parts to Hong Kong Free Press - a non-profit independent media organization - as well as Amnesty International Hong Kong.

To order the Yellow Object, please click on the link below:
    https://koboldwatch.com/collections/.../yellow-object

Thank you and very best wishes,
    Michael

Name:  Kobold_Yellow_Object_1570543871698.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  249.3 KB
    TAMPAKYU2016 likes this.

Re: Yellow Object

Doubt a dime goes to the hong kong free press society. Wonder how many sherpas he tricked into making these?
    yngrshr likes this.

Update us if you get one. I'm curious if they're actually real, or like the last new pieces that were posted by him and will likely never exist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeCop View Post
    Yeah, but did you?
    Let me be clear, before this spirals like pretty much everything in this forum does thanks to the ever present clowns, anything that counters China is a good thing. Anything.
    It's a watch forum. A Kobold sub forum. I posted about a Kobold watch. Go figure...
    Enjoy your Cancel Culture, fellas. That is until it comes for you someday...

SS

Geez, why so hostile? I think they were just throwing a suggestion out there.

Dude, it's just another option for supporting a good cause so anyone who doesn't want the watch can still do so.
    Any good fund raising campaign should have included it from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by sstarbuck68 View Post
    Yeah, but did you?
    Let me be clear, before this spirals like pretty much everything in this forum does thanks to the ever present clowns, anything that counters China is a good thing. Anything.
    It's a watch forum. A Kobold sub forum. I posted about a Kobold watch. Go figure...
    Enjoy your Cancel Culture, fellas. That is until it comes for you someday...

SS
    I'm confused. You want to limit this forum to only discussion about Kobold but want to include a note bashing China - and then calling everyone else a clown?

One, many people in here found there way to Kobold, initially, out of a desire to see the company succeed. Most in here didn't just show up saying "oh, hey, I wonder if I can continually troll a watch company forum that hasn't done anything in the past seven years." When people want something/someone to succeed, it generally takes quite a bit to get them to change their mind. That's called confirmation bias. You'd rather call them a 'clown' for believing in your opinion on their experiences rather than yours.

Two, the anger comes from a series of unfulfilled promises over the years. If you want, I'm happy to detail the 30+ month (and counting) experience I've had getting a watch repaired by Kobold.

Three, just because someone says they're engaging of acts of charity doesn't actually mean they're engaging in acts of charity. SEALS... Nepal... Hong Kong... if once bitten twice shy, does thrice bitten make comatose?

The whole Kobold culture has been dwindling because everyone is skeptical that anything will improve, mostly because Michael spends 80% of his time making promises and only 8% of his time following through with them. If you've that much faith in Michael and the company, please see if you can't get him to answer any of my dozen unanswered e-mails regarding the watch I sent in for repair back in the spring of 2017.

Moderator German Watches Forum

Enough. Thread closed.

rationaltime

Thread Information