WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

First time IWC purchase in London (or US)

509 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  espresso&watches 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to watches, and looking to buy my first IWC. I live in London, but often in NYC, so can buy in either place, or via Chrono24. I've been zeroing in on a Portugieser or Portofino Chronograph. I've seen some prices on Jomashop and Chrono24 at about 20% off the dollar MSRP.

Any sense of how much discount I could expect to score in ADs or boutiques on these watches in London? Is Harrods known to offer discounts? How about Heathrow Duty Free?

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.

#2 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to watches, and looking to buy my first IWC. I live in London, but often in NYC, so can buy in either place, or via Chrono24. I've been zeroing in on a Portugieser or Portofino Chronograph. I've seen some prices on Jomashop and Chrono24 at about 20% off the dollar MSRP.

Any sense of how much discount I could expect to score in ADs or boutiques on these watches in London? Is Harrods known to offer discounts? How about Heathrow Duty Free?

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance.
I haven't bought in London or NYC, but my AD has beaten the grey-market price every time. Personally I wouldn't accept anything less than a 15% discount on an IWC. If they won't come to the party, go grey market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.