IWC Spitfire Chronograph or Le Petit Prince Chronograph - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: IWC Spitfire Chronograph or Le Petit Prince Chronograph

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: IWC Spitfire Chronograph or Le Petit Prince Chronograph

My vote goes to the bronze version. For me, the bronze and green dial version has more charm, particularly when the bronze begins to develop its own patina over time.

IWC Spitfire Chronograph or Le Petit Prince Chronograph

Of the three pictures, the LPP with bracelet. I prefer the classic black dial version personally.
    The Sellita movement should be as durable and reliable as the ETA 7750 it copies. The “in house” movement doesn’t have a track record yet, though I’m sure Richemont doesn’t let Val Fleurier or Vaucher build anything but the best for IWC. IWC only manufactures the very high-end movements for their watches, not the low-end like the Spitfire.

Edit: I believe the money you save buying the watch new with the bracelet already attached will pay for a new strap, with change left over to buy an IWC hat on eBay.
    Last edited by Time Exposure; 2 Days Ago at 08:45.

Definitely the Bronze for me. Like stunning. And the changes to case colour to come in future leaves me wanting it more. Good luck with your choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the bronze and love it - it is now my favourite weekend watch. It is slightly smaller than the LPP, and fits my wrist better. In fact, for me the Spitfire completed a trinity of trinities - my third IWC, my third Flieger-style watch, and my third bronze watch. I haven't had a serious desire to buy another watch since.

Having said that, I think you will also need to consider when and under what circumstances you will be using the watch.

I find that the very things that make the Spitfire so unique - the bronze case and green dial - also make it a little less versatile. I need to wear a dark grey or blue suit and tie very often for work, and the Spit just doesn't blend in. That's fine by me because it makes it that much more fun to put the Spitfire on at the weekends.

a nice problem to have .
    personally i love leather straps on pilot watches. however, that LPP on a Bracelet is Heart throbbing. lovely piece all around .
    the Bronze is as beautiful. but wish it were 43 or 44mm (for me of course) .
    good luck and take your time shopping . that's the fun part of this hobby.
    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.

Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

Quote Originally Posted by nuovorecord View Post
    Of those three, I’d go with the LPP on the bracelet. Much cheaper to add the strap later.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Absolutely!!

IW3777-17. Most versatile pick. The additional cost for the strap will likely be offset by the savings, it sounds like. The bracelet is even better in person. I’m a strap guy and love the one that cane with my bronze Big Pilot, but after trying the bracelet I was hooked. Got my 377717 a few days ago and haven’t taken it off since. Good luck with your decision.
    Last edited by mdgrigoras; 2 Days Ago at 20:14. Reason: Omission

Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    Of the three pictures, the LPP with bracelet. I prefer the classic black dial version personally.
    The Sellita movement should be as durable and reliable as the ETA 7750 it copies. The “in house” movement doesn’t have a track record yet, though I’m sure Richemont doesn’t let Val Fleurier or Vaucher build anything but the best for IWC. IWC only manufactures the very high-end movements for their watches, not the low-end like the Spitfire.

Edit: I believe the money you save buying the watch new with the bracelet already attached will pay for a new strap, with change left over to buy an IWC hat on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Exposure View Post
    The “in house” movement doesn’t have a track record yet, though I’m sure Richemont doesn’t let Val Fleurier or Vaucher build anything but the best for IWC. IWC only manufactures the very high-end movements for their watches, not the low-end like the Spitfire.
    I believe your information is outdated, all the Spitfires are fitted with in house movements these days

Sent from my BB Key2

Quote Originally Posted by Valdus View Post
    "Below retail prices" means the watches are grey market and you won't benefit from the IWC warranty. Beside that, the Spitfire offers more choices for case materials and dial colours. Also, an important factor, at least for me, is the movement: Sellita based for the LPP vs. In house for the Spitfire.

Sent from my BB Key2
    The “gray” info is not always the case. I bought me LPP chrono off a gray dealer who is an active forum seller, new in box with warranty. I registered it on IWC site, all legit, and they upgraded it to an 8 year warranty. $4k all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Petit Prince on leather. Love it... Although maybe better to buy the Petit Prince on the metal strap and buy a leather one to go with it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information