Need Advice - Do I trade my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie, & Cartier 4 an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gold?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Need Advice - Do I trade my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie, & Cartier 4 an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gold?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Advice - Do I trade my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie, & Cartier 4 an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gold?

Need some advise from the IWC fans. I've got a chance to pick up an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gold, LE, Ref. IW500425 Tourneau in exchange for my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie Moon, and Cartier Tank MC, plus cash from my end. Do I trade the farm, minimilize, and end up with a single heavy hitting watch to be my daily wearer, or is the idea just crazy? I'd love to get your gut reaction. This is another way of saying, if you could have only one fine timepiece, would it be the a rose gold IWC big pilot?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
    Tony A.H and Big_B_33 like this.
    -ABD

Re: Need Advice - Do I trade my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie, & Cartier 4 an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gol

Here it is:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tony A.H likes this.
    -ABD

Re: Need Advice - Do I trade my Breitling Nav. World, Speedie, & Cartier 4 an IWC Big Pilot Rose Gol

Gut reaction? For me it would be a no. I don't find that IWC particularly appealing and think what you already have is more versatile and enjoyable.

Just the opinion of a non-IWC owner.
    jeffkrupa5180 likes this.
    My watch collection on Instagram —> aecos87

Casio G-Shock GW-M5610
    Halios Seaforth (series 2) - Nimbus Grey
    Longines Legend Diver
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Seiko SARB017 ‘Alpinist’
    Seiko SARB065 ‘Cocktail Time’
    Tissot Visodate

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Whew, that’s a big trade deal. Personally tho, it would be a no from me. I wouldn’t do a rose gold piece for every day wear. And if you wear dressier attire and don’t have an 8” wrist, it’s going to be too big for a dress piece.

Beautiful watch tho.

jeffkrupa5180 likes this.
    “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Three awesome watches for a plain one? Nope

well if you're already checking out that BP?. most likely you're in love with it and neither not too concern about parting with 2 pieces in your collection.
    it's a gorgeous piece to say the least. but i wouldn't wear it everyday/ 7 days a week as my only watch.
    TBH. after many years of collecting and wearing Big watches. i don't think a gold watch looks good/classy over 44mm case.
    if you're lusting after an IWC gold watch?. check out the Portuguese line. lots of gorgeous pieces in smaller sizes.
    all that said is my opinion of course and i can be dead wrong. but then again. YOU SHOULD BUY WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES.
    The Emotion is Aroused by Something Marvelous. Gazed with Wonder.

Pink Floyd in Pilot Suits... oh, LOVE The Band.

great watch but i wouldn't trade the whole collection plus cash for it. it would be hard imho to have that as an everyday watch due to size and being rose gold

Thank you. After the initial "wow" factor of seeing it in person, the versatility factor is an important one.
    -ABD

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyJ View Post
    Whew, that’s a big trade deal. Personally tho, it would be a no from me. I wouldn’t do a rose gold piece for every day wear. And if you wear dressier attire and don’t have an 8” wrist, it’s going to be too big for a dress piece.

Beautiful watch tho.

Thanks for your insights. I'm a bigger guy (6'4"), and wear a suit frequently for work (attorney), but it may make more sense to go with SS versus gold.
    -ABD

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A.H View Post
    well if you're already checking out that BP?. most likely you're in love with it and neither not too concern about parting with 2 pieces in your collection.
    it's a gorgeous piece to say the least. but i wouldn't wear it everyday/ 7 days a week as my only watch.
    TBH. after many years of collecting and wearing Big watches. i don't think a gold watch looks good/classy over 44mm case.
    if you're lusting after an IWC gold watch?. check out the Portuguese line. lots of gorgeous pieces in smaller sizes.
    all that said is my opinion of course and i can be dead wrong. but then again. YOU SHOULD BUY WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES.
    I think I'm heading in the direction of a BP, but the gold may be too much (size, precious metal, value) for a daily wearer. Great insights. Thanks.
    -ABD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information