WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Official IWC Aquatimer pictures thread!!

287K views 551 replies 254 participants last post by  Mountain66 
#1 ·
IWC might be famous for it's watches that are worn in cockpits and on boats, but IWC's dive watches are just as breathtaking as the rest of the collection. Here you can show off your IWC dive watch!

#381 ·
I really like this one!!!
Love that version! I had the Cousteau at one time. My only disappointment was that after servicing they had overpolished some of the angular case near the bracelet attachment; rounding it off. I couldn't understand why they would not have approached the polish from a secondary angle maintaining the sharper lines of the case. Aside from the service, I still really enjoy that internal bezel, two crown design. I've considered trying to source a NOS to get that design back in its angular form... but, so many watches! It's a great piece, enjoy it! And, one of the best bracelets available!

#402 ·
Well, you are probably wondering why I have so many "likes" to your photos of this watch. I actually discovered it for myself on the IWC website recently. Today I had the chance to see it and try it on. Even my friend who works at the boutique is mesmerized by this watch. So many things I can say about it, but won't go into lots of detail. I actually went to the boutique to look at the various Pilot watches, and also to see the Aquatimer models in real life. I left thinking this is my favorite in the whole shop!!

#392 ·

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#400 ·
Good luck. These are great watches, but I was hesitant because of the lack of information on potential strap changes. If you do find a solution to your series, I hope you post it in detail to help get out more info.

Took me a bit to find info on the new series but it was enough to overcome the "proprietary strap" fear and provided the option to modify.

I still think the stock rubber is VERY good (probably still the best option), but it's nice to play with other straps now:

Watch Analog watch Azure Gesture Clock

#401 · (Edited)
Thanks for taking the time on this, yes mine has the ears . The end links for the Velcro strap from that era is the easiest solution, but finding one of those straps is very difficult. Your generation watch appears to be at least workable. Why IWC didn’t just drill lug holes along with their quick release system is beyond me. But I suppose they wanted to hold you hostage with their outrageously expensive OEM straps.

I’m trying two avenue, I have a generic strap coming from China that appears to have the quick release connection. I’m going to dissect it and see if I can create my own end links with a spring bar. And the second: I’m trying to find someone to just drill interior lug holes. If either one works, I will post it. Thanks again ! Love the watch, hate the limited strap options

#404 ·
Thanks for taking the time on this, yes mine has the ears . The end links for the Velcro strap from that era is the easiest solution, but finding one of those straps is very difficult. Your generation watch appears to be at least workable. Why IWC didn't just drill lug holes along with their quick release system is beyond me. But I suppose they wanted to hold you hostage with their outrageously expensive OEM straps.

I'm trying two avenue, I have a generic strap coming from China that appears to have the quick release connection. I'm going to dissect it and see if I can create my own end links with a spring bar. And the second: I'm trying to find someone to just drill interior lug holes. If either one works, I will post it. Thanks again ! Love the watch, hate the limited strap options
NOTE: This is a follow up to the strap question and solution I did to solve it. In order to use a normal strap with the 1st generation IWC Aguatimer Cousteau 3767-06. I was able to buy the Velcro strap of a $175 from the IWC Boutique store, Joseph was very helpful. When I got the strap the next step was to remove the screw from strap side. The best way I found to do that was put one screwdriver in a vice . Place the head of one side of the screw onto that screw driver and remove the other screw from the top with a second screw driver. Once that's removed you can use 20mm Seiko 2.5mm fat spring bars in the existing hole to mount any 20mm straps you have. The only issue you may have is some of the strap holes may need to be stretched a little. I also found that a little oil on the spring bars make it easier to insert the spring bar. Pictures below
Watch Gesture Finger Wrist Clock
Watch Gesture Finger Wrist Clock
Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Clock

#408 ·
I suggest to rename the thread to "Official IWC Aquatimer and GST pictures thread!!". GST (and GST-based AT) watches were around between 1997 and 2008, so 12 years (when no Aquatimer was on the market with other than the GST shape) and they are not represented in any of the pictures thread on WUS, at least not officially, while they seem to be part of this family - and not only design-wise with most of them having a 120 m WR.
Thanks for reading, best:
Robert

#409 ·
Day 1 with my new Aquatimer. When I first discovered the Aquatimer, my first love was for the Darwin. Then I took a longer look at the 42mm stainless steel model, on both stainless steel bracelet and rubber strap. I honestly couldn't decide which model I liked better. In the end, it came down to affordability for me. Knowing I would not feel compromised if I didn't get the Darwin, I decided on the 42mm with rubber strap. For a unique, well built and robust dive watch I really couldn't find one with any other brand that could match this. The craftsmanship is also in the category of best I have seen. Absolutely loving this!