Replacing Pilot Chrono Strap
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By iuprof
  • 1 Post By karmatp

Thread: Replacing Pilot Chrono Strap

Replacing Pilot Chrono Strap

Hello fellow watchuseek users, long story short I am receiving my IWC Pilot Chronograph soon, but the only drawback for me is the strap. Although it is a highly sought after alligator leather strap (my shop also provided a spare one), I don't think it is going to fit my day to day clothing well. So I am probably going to change the strap after seeing if I like the alligator leather one (I will still keep it to use the watch in a more formal setting). So my question is : Is it easy to switch the straps? Can I switch the leather strap for a stainless bracelet? If yes, where can I obtain an original bracelet or where can I buy replacement straps for the watch? Also, would you have any tips on how to make the most of the watch (any tips would help since i want to keep the watch for a long time)?
    Thank youi in advance

Re: Replacing Pilot Chrono Strap

Buy the OEM replacements from an IWC boutique or their website. The issue I have had with my 377709 is that the lug width is 21mm which really limits your options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tony A.H likes this.
    IWC Pilot Chronograph 377709
    Omega Planet Ocean 2201.51
    Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50
    Seiko PADI Turtle SRPA21
    Suunto Core

I would buy a strap changing tool, tape the lugs so you don’t scratch them and have some fun. Call your AD for bracelet and google 21mm straps.
    GovtFunded likes this.
    Trevor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

okay, would you recommend the strap or the bracelet for daily wear? also, is there anything that I need to be particularly careful while using this watch?
    thank you for the help

Change a strap is really easy, Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by mali12 View Post
    okay, would you recommend the strap or the bracelet for daily wear? also, is there anything that I need to be particularly careful while using this watch?
    thank you for the help
    Personally I don't like the look of a bracelet on the Pilot's Chrono, and buying an OEM bracelet from the AD will be eye-wateringly expensive, so I'd stick with leather or nato straps. Buy a good spring bar tool, and tape up the lugs as already suggested if you've never changed a strap before.

Quote Originally Posted by mali12 View Post
    thank you for the help
    I can’t recommend strap over bracelet because I live in AZ and I wear more bracelets or rubber straps in summer and leather in winter. I mix it up so I never get sick of a particular watch. I have a Mark XVIII and I have a few straps for it. Takes me a few minutes to change up the strap.
    Trevor

@Karmatp

Care to show what straps you have in your vault?

Thread Information