I've come across this watch in a local rural auction - it's so weird it's either a very bad fake job or it's very real... Before I travel an hour each way to have a look at it, I was wondering if anyone here has an opinion or has seen something similar? The auctioneer is typically cagey, won't say if he thinks it's real or not.
Things to note:
1. #10 is cut by the 9 o'clock subdial (although this may be an optical effect of the mobile phone camera, note how the minute hand also appears chopped)
2. Subdials don't seem to be chronograph;
- 6 o'clock subdial has 6, 12, 18, 24
- 12 o'clock subdial appears to have 4, 8, & 12
- 9 o'cock subdial appears to have 04, 08, 10?
3. No numbers on the inner ring - almost every pilot watch I ever saw had numbers on inner ring
4. IWC logo is very close to the #2. In all the Pilot watches online, the IWC logo is very fine and separated by a good bit
thanks in advance for your opinions!!!