WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Deployant for a thick khaki strap

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  s0ckpupp3t 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a new 38mm Khaki field watch and I absolutely love it!
The watch comes with a thick leather band that looks similar to this:
It's 20mm at the lugs, 18mm at the buckle/taper end.
Model number H600704104

Buckle Brown Strap Watch accessory Tan

I want to add a deployant to it.
I tried one from an authorized dealer but the clasp is too tight to secure and lock due to the strap being too thick.
Was wondering if anybody else had any luck with a deployant on this particular strap.
If so, please forward me the model number for your clasp!

Thanks!

See less See more
#3 ·
I purchased a strap from B and R Bands that is around 3mm thick all the way down with only a very slight taper to the thickness. I thought I would just swap the Hamilton clasp from my Pan Europ onto it. Same problem. I went to eBay there was a clasp advertising it worked for up to 3.5 mm. I purchased it. When it arrived it had two folds in the clasp that prevented the strap from fitting. So I modified it by clipping off those folds and then filing down the metal. Now it works wonderfully, but it is not the highest quality piece (it is not awful but not amazing). It functions. It looks good on the watch and serves its purpose. Be sure if you go that route that you cut the folds or it will not fit.

The deployment clasp
Fashion accessory Material property Strap Metal

The hack job
Eyewear Bicycle part Auto part Rim

20MM DEPLOYMENT BUTTERFLY BUCKLE STRAP BAND CLASP FOR OMEGA PLANET OCEAN #OM8 | eBay

Good luck with your search. Mine functions enough and looks good enough for me. But, I wish there was a more elegant solution, preferably one from Hamilton.

#4 ·
Hi all,

I just got a new 38mm Khaki field watch and I absolutely love it!
The watch comes with a thick leather band that looks similar to this:
It's 20mm at the lugs, 18mm at the buckle/taper end.
Model number H600704104

View attachment 9964514
I want to add a deployant to it.
I tried one from an authorized dealer but the clasp is too tight to secure and lock due to the strap being too thick.
Was wondering if anybody else had any luck with a deployant on this particular strap.
If so, please forward me the model number for your clasp!

Thanks!
Check out the RHD deployant clasps Premium deployant clasps in stainless steel

I have it on my Hamilton Navy Pioneer that has a similarly thick strap and works great.

My only concern is that the buckle holes on your strap are on the larger size so the clasp pin may wiggle around and stretch out the hole.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.